Market Fresh Jan. Kit Sneak Peek: Day 1

Friday, January 6, 2012

Eeek!  Just typing that title has my temperature rising and my feet doing a happy dance!  So excited to be here showing off the fabulous, January Market Fresh Kit, from Market Street Stamps, that Stephanie Washburn has so brilliantly put together!
Today is all about layouts.  Then, for those of you whose fancy is card making, we'll be back, on Monday night, showing off our card creations, using this same kit.  So, enough of the chit-chat.  Let's get down to business and showing off all that this month's kit has to offer.
I started this two-pager by piecing together the woodgrain doily and aqua, stripe, patterned papers; trimming the space between them with a punched strip of teal, lacy, patterned paper; and machine stitching, with black-threaded, straight stitches, to either side of the connection between the punched strip and aqua, stripe, patterned paper.  That sets the foundation for both sides.  So now, let's take a little closer look at the left side first.
I'm being completely real, with you all, in showing these personal pics of my family and I with a blotchy, tear-stained face and all.  So, please be gentle with me :).  Anyway, every element, on this page, surrounds and highlights that picture of my hubby and I with our littlest, beginning with the "bundle of love" title, which was created from teal alphas, which were anchored with black-threaded, messy, machine stitches, tied off to the front of the layout, and gray Sticky Keys, both of which do not come in the kit, as well as fabulous, black, puffy Thickers which do.  Hip, hip, hooray!
The cluster to the bottom left of the photograph includes a hand-cut and ink distressed, patterned, paper doily; a hand-cut from hot pink, polka dot, patterned paper and machine stitched around, with black-threaded, straight stitches, heart; an aqua, girl silhouette, which came from my stash; an aqua, paper bloom; and a handmade, by me, hot pink, felt flower, which was topped with a black button and flanked with Garden Green, cardstock, die cut leaves, as well as a bundle of hemp twine bows.
The "Just the facts:" journaling card was then tucked under the cluster's bottom right corner; embellished with a portion of a die cut, ticket strip, which was positioned with a mini clothespin I picked up; and detailed with the following: 1.) My water broke @ 7pm.  2.) We arrived @ the hospital around 10 pm.  3.) Hard labor began @ 11:30 pm, and I began pushing @ 12:40 am.  4.) We were holding you in our arms @ 12:54 am.  I've got so many pictures of Adina's birth, that I think that's all the journaling this layout needs.
Another hand cut and ink distressed doily; a portion of an aqua, floral die cut; an AMAZING, gray, velvet ribbon, anchored with black-threaded, messy, machine stitches; and a black button, from my stash, which was stitched to the page with hot pink thread...
turn our direction to the far right edge of the page, which gives a hint of what to expect on the right side of the layout.
The hot pink, die cut, scalloped strip was anchored with black-threaded, messy, machine stitches, tied off, at either end, to the front of the layout, and serves as the foundation upon which I built six more pictures from the same moment in time.
I then tucked an "adore", texty, journaling card under the pictures far right edges...
and a hand cut and ink distressed, patterned, paper doily under their top right corner.  Another, handmade, felt flower, embellished in the same way as above, completes the look.
Okay, ya'll, if you're still with me, let's just move right into my second layout, and remember that you'll find nearly all of these goodies in the January Market Fresh Kit.
I started this page by adhering a wide strip of turquoise, doily, patterned paper down the center of the kraft, patterned, paper base and machine-stitching, with pink-threaded, zig-zag stitches, down either of its long sides.  After adhering a circle, cut from the backside of that turquoise, doily, patterned paper, near the bottom right of the wide strip, it too received a pink-threaded, zig-zag, machine-stitch treatment, before having a pink, lacy, scalloped, die cut strip, which was anchored, at either end, with a couple of staples, adhered, horizontally, across the top of it.
I then adhered my photographs, a few of which had one corner rounded in order to keep the eye moving throughout the design, in their respective locations.  A floral, journaling card was tucked between the top, two photographs; used to anchor the "J&L" title, which was made with black, puffy Thickers...
and written upon with, Even though we didn't get to attend Jared and Lindsay's wedding, what a joy it was to have these beautiful pics given to us.  Orange Beach, AL, September 5, 2009.  A large heart was cut from clear cardstock and anchored, over the journaling, with a small handful of black, hand stitches.
A "LOVE METER" die cut...
and a trio of die cut, from Whisper White cardstock, clouds, complete the look.
Ready for one more?  This third and final layout was inspired by this page, by Lisa Dickinson, which I found on the JBS Mercantile Blog.
I started this layout by arranging and adhering my photographs around a center, 3" square piece of notebook, patterned paper, which had a large heart Cricut-cut from its center; was grounded with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches, tied off, at all four corners, to the front of the layout; and serves as the foundation for the "my girl" title, which was created from more of those fabulous, black, puffy Thickers.
I then adhered four blocks of punched, from a quartet of patterned papers, hearts and anchored them with large, free-hand zig-zag, black-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  A "TODAY'S DATE IS" label, which was filled in with, Melvern Lake, KS, June 13, 2009, was placed in the bottom left corner...
and a "darling" tab, which was trimmed from one of those lilybee design, journaling cards that come in the kit, prepares the page for journaling, which reads, You were the muse of all our pics with that gorgeous smile, happy spirit, and easy-going demeanor, as well as the many faces you portray in a matter of minutes.  This was your first camping trip, and you couldn't have done any better!
That's all, for today, folks!  I hope that I haven't completely overwhelmed you, but rather inspired you to get scrapping and excited you about this absolutely AMAZING Market Fresh Kit!  I just know that you'll be as in love with it as myself and the other girls are!  Anyway, I'd be just thrilled to have ya'll come on back, next week, to see more of what this kit has to offer.  Please be sure to stop by the Market Street Stamps Blog to check out more details of the kit club subscription and the Market Fresh Kits Group in the Neighborhood, as well as by these two, uber talented ladies', whom I am so lucky to call my teammates, blogs, to see so much more of what this kit has in store for you and 2012.

Brenda Weaver
Stephanie Washburn

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous weekend, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Garden Green (SU); aqua stripe & woodgrain doily (Crate Paper); teal lacy, gray doily, & hot pink polka dot (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: black & hot pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Little Leaves Sizzlit (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); journaling cards (lilybee design); black buttons & heart template (Jenni Bowlin); aqua floral, ticket, & hot pink scallop die cut (Crate Paper); gray velvet ribbon (May Arts); foam tape (Scotch); aqua paper bloom (Kaiser Craft); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); hot pink felt (Hobby Lobby); mini clothespin (Canvas Corp.); teal alphas (Sassafras); gray Sticky Keys (October Afternoon); black puffy Thickers (American Crafts); Upper Crest Border punch (Fiskars)
{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Whisper White (SU); kraft patterned (My Mind's Eye); turquoise doily & chevron striped (lilybee design); clear (PTI) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); circle template (Fiskars); Hearts & Clouds die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); "LOVE METER" & pink scalloped lacy die cuts (Crate Paper); staples & stapler (office supply store); Corner punch & paper piercing tool (SU); heart template (Jenni Bowlin); black embroidery floss (DMC); foam tape (Scotch); black puffy Thickers (American Crafts); journaling card (lilybee design)
{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: tan textured (Bazzill); gray notebook, hot pink polka dot, teal lacy, & aqua design (My Mind's Eye); turquoise doily (lilybee design) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft); heart punch (EK Success); "TODAY'S DATE IS" tab (Jenni Bowlin); "darling" tab (lilybee design)

8 comments:

Denise said...

Jinny, so excited for you to be scrapping with MSS! Your layouts are lovely - I especially like the "my girl" set up. Your L&D photos are precious - a beautiful momma! HUGS.

Brenda Weaver said...

Great job, Jinny! I love your layouts. Fabulous work bringing it all together. I'm so looking forward to working with you more this year!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are ABSOLUTELY gorgeous Jinny! I love love love love love the photos and your stitching is ALWAYS AMAZING!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynn said...

Oh my Jinny. You are starting off your DT assignment with a bang! Your layouts are beyond amazing. I'm trying to pick a favorite. So many gorgeous embellishments to drool over. My tops is the last one of Adina. I love the CAS feel...and her sweet smiles!

Stephanie Washburn said...

YAYYYYY! LOVE every single one! So many beautiful details, so much LOVE in each layout- I'm truly blown away.... I'm so excited to be working with you! Can't wait to see your cards!

Lindsay said...

Ohhh I just love your scrapbook pages Jinny! LOVE THEM ALL!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your new gig, Jinny! And I happen to think you look beautiful in those pix of you after delivering your cutie pie Adina. It's a sweet, sweet layout, and I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to share it with all of us!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WHERE do I start??? THESE LOs are AMAZING--looooooooooove that you are so good at scrapbooking...which makes me wonder (and maybe I've already asked you)....will you make my scrapbook pages for me?