PDCC114 - Simon Says Stamp

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #114!
I must admit that I always struggle with color combos that incorporate gold.  It's just not one of my go-to colors, but I tried to weave it in any and everywhere I could, and I think that I stayed true to my style and still did that burgundy, gold, and plum color story above justice.  Check it out!
I started this card by adhering a piece of gold, doily, music note, patterned paper (I soooo wish that paper photographed better!  LOVE the subtlety of the shine!) to the bottom of a piece of burgundy, polka dot, patterned paper and trimming the space between them with a punched strip of damask, text, patterned paper.  I then stamped the "Wishing you a never-ending love Song" sentiment, in Jet Black ink, on a hand-cut, vellum pennant, before anchoring it with gold-threaded, straight, machine stitches, running around the entire, prepped piece's edges.
Gold-threaded, zig-zag stitches were machine stitched between the gold, doily, music note, patterned paper and the punched, patterned, paper strip, before the entire, prepped piece was adhered to the Very Vanilla, cardstock, card face.  I then wrapped a length of plum ribbon, vertically, around the card face, just to the left of the stamped, vellum pennant; tied it, in a bow, near the top edge of the card face; and embellished it with a gold, heart button, backed with two, hemp twine bows.
A pair of stamped, in Elegant Eggplant ink, on Very Vanilla, cardstock die cuts, birds were adhered, with foam tape, just to the bottom left of the sentiment and overlapping the length of ribbon, and dressed up with a hint of glitter, to complete the look.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the day EST, on Tuesday, January 17, 2012, to link up your takes over at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to find out what you're playing for, this week, from our fabulous sponsor Simon Says Stamp...
Photobucket
as well as to see what the rest of the team has whipped up with this regal color story.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Love Birds & Just a Note (Wplus9) Paper: Very Vanilla (SU); vellum (Paper Studio); burgundy polka dot & damask text (My Mind's Eye); gold doily music note (lilybee design) Ink: Elegant Eggplant (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); plum ribbon (Hobby Lobby); gold heart button (Jesse James & Co. Grandma's Grab Bag); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); Love Birds die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Edger punch (EK Success); foam tape (Scotch)

13 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Jinny--that vellum piece with the embossed sentiment is AMAZING! LOVE those glittered birdies too! LOVE this entire card!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love love love love the birds, the music paper, the glitter, the heart... just everything is WOW WOW WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Marlena M. said...

Jinny, those birds are exquisite! Incredible card. ;)

Diana Fisher said...

Wow! Your card is stunning. Just love it! :)

Wendy said...

Those colors are challenging...but you made them look amazing! Love the vellum saying! Great job on this one!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Those birds are the ultimate, Jinny! I love their glittery feathered bodies. So pretty!

Lindsay said...

Oh my do I love this Jinny! Those glittery birds and the vellum strip have me drooling!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

YOu did a FABULOUS job with these colors! Your card is beautiful!

Sadielaine said...

I love your card and all the details that you put into it. So uniquely coordinated.

Sadielaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyndie said...

Yes indeed, I would say your weaving of the gold was entirely successful! Just a gorgeous card--love all the little details, and the combination of patterns!

Lisa said...

Jinny this is glorious! I had such a hard time with this color combo, but you've mastered it beautifully!

Donna Bowman said...

Beautiful card Jinny!! Love your stamping on vellum and the purple glittery birds!!