PDCC115

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #115!
I cannot tell you how much this slate, moss, bark, and burlap color story spoke to me!  LOVE!  And although I didn't go that direction, I think that it would make a fantastic guy card.  So, here's my take.
I started this card by piecing the various, patterned papers onto a piece of Mellow Moss cardstock and machine stitching, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, between their connections.  I then ink distressed the edges of a doily, cut from a gray, patterned paper, and adhered it, horizontally centered, near the papers' left side.  The "thank you" sentiment was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a strip of vellum, before being anchored to the prepped piece with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches, running around the edges of the entire piece.
A punched strip of Whisper White cardstock was adhered to the prepped piece's left side, before the entire thing was adhered to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
Finally, I dressed it up with a moss-colored, metal flower, embellished with a pearl, and a cream, fabric flower, flanked with stamped, in Mellow Moss ink, on Whisper White cardstock, hand cut, and ink distressed leaves and a trio of hemp twine bows.
Further inspiration for this card came from this week's Card Pattern's Sketch 148.  And now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the day EST, next Tuesday, January 24, 2012, to add your entries to our gallery at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to see what the rest of the girls have been up to, as well as to find out what you're playing for, this week, from The Twinery.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a truly terrific day, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After - leaves & Very Vintage Greetings - sentiment (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Crumb Cake, & kraft polka dot (SU); large gray polka dot (Authentique); brown damask (BoBunny); moss music (unknown); small gray polka dot (American Crafts); moss crackle, kraft woodgrain, & vellum (Paper Studio); brown woodgrain & gray doily (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); cream fabric flower (Prima); moss metal flower (Basic Grey); pearl (Paper Studio); foam tape (Scotch); Scallop Trim Border punch (SU); hemp twine (Creative Impressions)

12 comments:

febe said...

Great job on the layering. I love the colors and the layout.

android developers

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card Jinny, I love the layout, and the soft subtle colours, beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee this weeks colors and loving the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynn said...

Jinny, you are right. This color palette is so soothing and gorgeous! So great to see you Tuesday night!

Debstamps said...

Beautiful work incorporating so many of the shapes and textures from the design inspiration photo! Wonderful details!

Lisa said...

You've really captured this inspiration photo Jinny. Love your doily and all of the pretty layers and textures that went into this!!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Jinny, this card is layers of beautiful crafty goodness! Wow!

Lindsay said...

What a beautiful card Jinny! I Love those papers strips and the vellum sentiment strip!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So pretty, Jinny!
I was just over at Create: and saw that you had a card featured. It's the one you sent me some time ago, but I couldn't find it here on your blog. Anyway, congrats on getting mentioned for that! I do love that card, and I still have it. :)

While scrolling through three pages worth of posts here, I just kept thinking what beautiful work you do. Sorry I don't have time to comment on each post! Hugs!

cbuswell said...

really pretty, love the flower! thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

peggy gatto said...

A stunning card!

Stacy said...

WOW!!! Simply stunning, I LOVE all the detail on this card!