PDCC116 - Sweet 'n Sassy

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

So fun to have you visiting for The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #116!
I had the treasured privilege of having dinner with my sweet friend, Lynn Mangan, last week.  And not only did we get to spend time catching up and learning more about one another, but she paid for my dinner and all.  What a blessing!  I was so surprised, and I know that it's just a card; but I so wanted to say a big thank you, even if it is in such a small way.  So, this sweet thing is for her.
I started this card by trimming the bottom of a wide strip of blue, floral, patterned paper with a slightly shorter strip of punched, Whisper White cardstock.  I then trimmed the space just above that punched strip with two, punched and layered strips of chartreuse, patterned paper to represent the grass, before machine stitching, with white-threaded, straight stitches, the lengths of the top and bottom edges of the blue, floral, patterned paper and adhering it near the bottom of the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.  A white embossed "You make days brighter and life sweeter." sentiment rounds out the bottom of the design.
The top edge of it was then dressed up with a plum ribbon, tied, in a bow, near the left edge of the card face.
And a couple of punched, from Whisper White, textured, cardstock, clouds turn our attention to the mid section; where I hand cut a chartreuse, glitter tree from patterned paper and adhered it with foam tape, before finishing the design with a trio of embossed and die cut, from Elegant Eggplant cardstock, butterflies, which were adhered just at their centers and embellished with clear gemstones.
I'm also turning this one in for The Punches Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  And now, it's your turn; and I hope you all won't turn running from this challenge but will really dive into your stashes and hunt for just the right elements to make these plum, chartreuse, and moldy cheese colors shine.  You have until the close of the day EST, next Tuesday, January 31, 2012, to link up your takes over at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to find out what the rest of the team has been up to, as well as to find out what you're playing for, this week, from our fabulous sponsor, Sweet 'n Sassy.
We're also saying goodbye to Michele Gross and Andrea Ewen this week, and I cannot tell you all how much I'm going to miss these ladies.  I had the privilege of working side-by-side with Michele, in cahoots with sponsors and guest designers, way back in the beginning of my first term here at the PDCC.  From that interaction, I learned that she is literally one of the kindest, most flexible, willing to bend over backward for you kind of people I've ever known, and that's not even to mention that she ROCKS a CAS design.  And Andrea portrays pure perfection when it comes to the vintage, shabby chic world.  Plus, if it's possible, she's even sweeter than her unending creations.  I have no doubt that both of these ladies will go so far and wide into the future with their creativity, and I know that they'd really appreciate it if you'd stop by their blogs to wish them well.  Big hugs and tons of blessings, ladies!

Thanks for peeking in, ya'll!  Have a terrific day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: The Birds & the Bees (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, & blue floral (SU); chartreuse (KI Memories); tree (DCWV) Ink: watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scallop punch, white embossing powder, & Beautiful Wings Embosslit (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); Grass & Cloud punches (Fiskars); plum ribbon (Hobby Lobby); clear gemstones (Paper Studio); foam tape (Scotch)

12 comments:

Michele Gross said...

ok, I was totally ok with all this till I read what you wrote about me and now I'm all teary :) Thank you for your sweet sweet words :) I'm a mess a now but in a seriously really good way :)

Lynn said...

Jinny, Thank you so much! This card is beautiful. You absolutely didn't have to do that. I love all the details especially the gorgeous ribbon! And the touch of gems on the sweet butterflies!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love love this!!!! LOVING this weeks colors and loveeeeeeeee the little tree scene with the grass! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Jaclyn Miller said...

You totally nailed the colors and your card is amazing! Love how you put it all together. I'm going to be meeting Lynn at the end of Feb. I can't wait! Have a great day.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE the sky and grass papers!! And that ribbon---AMAZING and super beautiful! Great card (as always!)!!!! I don't know how you do it--beautiful/amazing projects weekly!!! Always inspired:)

lynn said...

beautiful colors and sweet little scene--love this!

Lisa said...

This is delightful and I'm sure Lynn loved it Jinny. Wow that plum velvet ribbon is SO PRETTY!

Lindsay said...

This is so fabulous Jinny! LOVE the grass and the scene you've created, so cute!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, your card is totally awesome, and one of my faves in our line-up this week! THe paper you used for your sky is beautiful and genius. The ribbon is heavenly!

And I am so happy for you that you got to have dinner with Lynn M. How neat! What a truly small world we live in. ;) (I'm going to have ANdrea over this coming weekend for lunch and crafting; can't wait! Wish you could come too!)

Maggie Armstrong said...

What a gorgeous collection of colours you have chosen for this card. So uplifting.

Stacy said...

Ok this card is just super cute!!! Love all the little details on this one girlie :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this card Jinny, your colours are amazing.