SIT #67

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Note: If you've come here looking for my PDCC115 post, please scroll down.

It's that time again!  Time for Sketches in Thyme's monthly, two-page sketch, specifically for Challenge #67 this go around.
I've got to say that I'm completely loving these two-pagers!  While I'm not usually drawn to finishing two-page layouts, I've got pictures running out my ears that call for said such, and they're all slowly but surely finding homes.  LOVE!  So, here's what I came up with this month.
I created the beginning of this layout, at my Scrapbook Club, by adhering the top, two strips of patterned papers across the Pretty in Pink, cardstock pages and dressing up those delicious papers, which were adhered across their bottom edges, with embossed and die cut, stacked, cardstock buttons, laced with hemp twine, fabric brads, and pom-pom trims.  And I just couldn't seem to work that little, button, card embellishment into the completed design.  So, I've set it aside to grace the face of a future, card creation.
I then tucked my photographs into a strip of coordinating, green, sewing pattern, patterned paper and added a smattering of staples along those embellished bottom edges...
before turning my attention to the left side of the layout...
where I added a couple of die cut embellishments, before machine stitching, with both white-threaded straight and zig-zag stitches, along the edges of my patterned papers.
A trio of die cut, from Whisper White cardstock, clouds...
a yellow, photo corner; and a length of Pink Sorbet twine, tied in a couple of bows...
turns our attention to the right side of the layout.
After I applied the same, machine stitching, as above, along the top, two, patterned papers, I tucked a strip of Whisper White cardstock behind my pictures, as well as that green, sewing pattern, patterned paper, and machine stitched, with more, white-threaded, straight stitches, that final strip into place.  The top of the cardstock strip served as a place to put my journaling, which reads, I cannot even begin to explain how beautiful you looked, to me, in the birthday dress I made for you.  There's so much life, joy, and excitement in those big brown eyes, and I'm the luckiest mom in the world to call you mine.
And the bottom of that cardstock strip houses the "First Birthday" title, which was created with hot pink, scratch 'n sniff alphas, as well as the Sunday, November 1, 2009 date.  A couple, more, Whisper White, cardstock clouds and another length of Pink Sorbet twine, tied in a bow, in cahoots with a small handful of yellow photo corners, complete the design.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the month, on Tuesday, January 31, 2012, to link up your takes, on Challenge #65, Challenge #66, and/or this week's Challenge #67, over in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog.  Please be sure to stop by the challenge link above to check out the fabulous takes, on this week's sketch, by the rest of the Mavens, as well as to be reminded of what you're playing for this month.  Thanks so much for dropping in, and have a terrific Thursday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, & all patterned (SU) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Hearts & Clouds die (Wplus9); Sweet Buttons Embosslit die, hemp twine, photo corners, fabric brads, & pom-pom trims (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scotch); staples & stapler (office supply store); pink die cut trim (My Little Shoebox); green polka dot die cut trim (Crate Paper); Pink Sorbet twine (The Twinery); hot pink scratch 'n sniff alphas (American Crafts)

4 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Jinny--I just loooooove that bottom border you created! LOVE those papers and the colors! I also love love love those brads/buttons/ribbons! FABULOUS page:) Super cute pics too!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooo LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! LOVING those photos and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the little papers at the bottom!!!! *sigh* gorgeous!!! And we got your package today!!! THANK U THANK U THANK U THANK U THANK U!! You are AMAZING!! We can NOT wait to EAT it!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lindsay said...

So so so fun Jinny! LOVE all of those pictures of your adorable little girl! I also love those paper strips at the bottom of the page with all of the fun accents!

lynn said...

love the elements along the bottom, and the dress is awesome! your daughter is darling, jinny!