Tuesday Trigger: By the Numbers & CR84FN45

Friday, January 13, 2012

The ups and downs of last weekend have carried into and throughout my week.  Remember back here, when we awoke to no heat.  Well, it turned into an even bigger problem, with the winter temperatures finally hitting Kansas City, this week.  The blower stopped working, too.  So, we had to bite the bullet and get the ignition control fixed, which cost way more than our budget can handle right now.  Ugh!

Adina has continued to feel icky for the better part of the week.  She's been my little shadow, which I truly don't mind.  I really love our cuddle time.  She even fell asleep, in my arms, in the rocker, yesterday.
Fortunately, now, she has been fever-free for two whole days.  Woohoo!  And she's getting right back to being her spunky old self.  Thank you so much for all your well-wishes for her!  I truly so appreciate your kindness and prayers!
And because I threw in those few of Adina, I wanted to share some of what Ezekiel has been up to this week.  He's plugging along at school and loving learning how to read maps!
I also wanted to give you all an update on his standing in the Young Environmentalist Competition for Sea Life Aquarium.  He is currently running 22nd out of 101 entries, which is a great place to be, but it doesn't get him the title.  If you'll remember, he has to be in the top twelve.  I'm a firm believer in if it's meant to be, it will be; but I also believe that with the help of many, great things can be accomplished.  So, I'm asking, once again, for your help.

If you haven't already, please go "Like" his entry!  You can use the link in the top right corner of my blog to go directly to Ezekiel's entry; or if you'd like to check out all the entries for yourself, you can go to the Entry Gallery.  Please also share his link on your Facebook pages, and THANK YOU to those who have already voted, and in advance, to those who are heading there now!  Your votes are deeply coveted!  Now, how about a little something papercrafty in nature ;)?
I started this card by stamping the "Celebrate" sentiment, in Jet Black ink, on a 4-1/2" square piece of Whisper White cardstock...
machine stitching around its edges, with white-threaded, straight stitches; and dry embossing the prepped piece with polka dots.
I then cut my "3, 2, 1" numbers, from various, patterned papers, with my Cricut and adhered them, just to the left of the stamped sentiment, before punching a small hole above the "2" and lacing a length of Charcoal Twine, after it was wrapped around the Ballet Blue, cardstock, card face three times, through it.  The prepped panel was then adhered, with foam tape, to the card face; and the twine was tied in a bow and embellished with a black, glitter brad.
Inspiration for this card came from the Tuesday Trigger: By the Numbers in the Moxie Fab World...
and Create For Fun's Challenge #45.
That's all, for today, folks!  Thank you so much for stopping by!  Your visits and comments truly make my day!  Have a wonderful, safe, relaxing weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mehndi Medallions (Wplus9) Paper: Ballet Blue, Whisper White, orange polka dot, & yellow gingham (SU); blue stripe (American Crafts) Ink: Jet Black (StazOn) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); polka dot embossing folder (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); black glitter brad (Paper Studio); Charcoal Twine (The Twinery); George & Basic Shapes, Cricut Keystone, & Storybook Cricut cartridges & Cricut (Provo Craft); foam tape (Scotch)

8 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is a fabulous card - a lovely clean and simple design! Just love the numbers! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Sorry to hear about your heating problems - just the wrong time of year. Your photos of the children are super!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a fun take on the trigger.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a fun card Jinny! Love the die cut numerals! Such precious photos too :) Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry about the heater and Adina not feeling good :( I know what you mean about the budget... we just went over on a big purchase and OUCH! Does not feel good!! :( Loving the photos and your card!!! Hoping Ezekiel pulls forward in the votes... but if he doesn't... I loveeeeee his attitude about it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa said...

BOO to the heat issues, unexpected expenses can be tough, sorry to hear of it Jinny. But VERY happy the fever is gone and you pumpkin is on the mend...yay! Still keeping my fingers crossed for Ezekiel's votes! And I love you CAS numbers card...CUTE!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lindsay said...

Love the pics of your adorable kiddos!

This card is stellar my friend! I LOVE it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I am so sad your little one was feeling icky--bless her heart! And look at your son! So studious! LOVE:) And your card is beautiful! LOVE the white space and the embossing....and I LOVE those numbers--FAB!