Weekend Snapshots

Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Monday, ya'll!  I hope you had a nice weekend!  Ours was relaxing and full of television football, which was just what I needed after a week of taking care of a sick little one.  I was tapped and beginning to feel icky myself.

On Friday morning, Adina began her first dance class.  The teacher is young and was uncomfortable with parents being in the same room.  So, most of us huddled around the door to try to catch a glimpse of our kiddo, through the little window in it, as she tiptoed or danced by.  I'm going to try to sneak in and get at least a few pictures over the next few weeks.  Anyway, when we got home, I went to help Ezekiel get started back with his assignments and came to see what she was up to.  She was exhausted, and I found her all cuddled up, in the beanbag, dozing with our dog Summer.  Too cute!
Saturday brought another basketball game.  Ezekiel's just loving it!
A little lunch, at Red Robin, afterwards, was just what we needed.
Then, Sunday, I finally got to go to church again.  I haven't been for a month!  They closed down over the holidays for two, whole weeks.  Then, with Adina being sick last week, as usual, I was the designated nurse.  So, it was really nice to get back in the swing of things.  Afterwards, my kiddos wanted to go to Barnes and Noble.  They both had Christmas gift cards burning holes in their pockets.  So, we humored them and came home with a small bundle.  We LOVE books!
Oh!  And my January Jenni Bowlin kit arrived, this weekend, too.  I'm hoping to have a chance to play with it a little later today, but I just couldn't wait to share.  Delish!
Here's the deets...
  • 1 Crate Paper Pattern Paper
  • 2 Bo Bunny Pattern Papers
  • 1 Lily Bee Pattern Paper
  • 3 Basic Grey Pattern Papers
  • 2 Coredinations Cardstock
  • 1 Coredination Solid Cardstock
  • Crate Paper Random Alpha Labels
  • 1 pkg. of Kaiserkraft Sparklets
  • Basic Grey Die Cut Flowers, Picadilly
  • Mercantile Exclusive Stamp
  • 1 XL ledger index card
  • Pillow Box containing: 
    • Harlow Prima Flowers – colors will vary between cream, pink and red
    • Metal Flowers Basic Grey, Picadilly
    • 1 yard May Arts Ribbon
    • 2 vintage “Smith” pharmacy labels
Now, even with it being Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and many children being out of school and adults being off of work, we're plugging along, as usual, with laundry, dishes, changing the beds, cleaning the mouse cage, and even baking a couple loaves of bread.
Oh!  And I also just have to share this little conversation we had at the dinner table.  It began with Adina practicing her memory verse, and I'm thinking that her Sunday School teacher must've really plugged the whole manger scene image over Christmas.

Adina: With God, all things are possible. (while doing hand motions)
Daddy: Good job!  Do you know where Jesus lives?
Adina: With the cows.
Mommy/Daddy/Ezekiel: Snicker.  Snicker.
Adina: I mean with the sheep.
Mommy/Daddy/Ezekiel: More snickering.
Ezekiel: No, He lives in Heaven.
Adina: No, He lives with the cows.
Ezekiel: No, He lives in Heaven with God the Father.
Adina: He lives in Heaven with the cows.
Mommy/Daddy/Ezekiel: Hysterical laughter.

I just can't argue with that face!  Plus, I'm sure there are cows in Heaven, too.  Gotta love the innocence of a little one!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  May you all have an absolutely blessed work week!  I'm off to see if I can sneak in a little time with that kit, before my little one is up from her nap.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh My GOONDESS precious nap picture Jinny! Awesome basketball shots and that bread!!! I'll be right over ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!! He lives with cows... that is too funny! I loveeeeeee the photos... that first one is ADORABLE!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

It looks like everyone had a great weekend--I love that your son enjoys basketball! LOVE the pic of nap time! MMMMM--I want some bread:) And YUMMY kit pics!

Jojorenee said...

Oh that bread looks delish!!!!!!!!!