Friday Faves

Friday, February 24, 2012

It's that time again, and I have to admit that it kinda snuck up on me.  I only have a small handful of things that have caught my eye this month, but they still did just that.  So, without further ado, let's begin with these stunning Wood Songbird Buttons from Prima.  LOVE the distressed, vintage appeal of these beauties!
But if they don't float your boat, try on their Petal Pins for size.  I have no words!  Sigh.
I've also got my eye on Paper Smooches' Good Gab stamp set.  I adore the uber fun fonts, and talk about a great variety of sentiments!
I ordered Stampin' Up's Twitterpated Designer Buttons, last month, from Scrapbook Club and just had to share them here.  They're over the top adorable and just as cute in person!
This 10-oz. Stoneware Salt Crock, from Le Creuset, would be the perfect addition to my spice cupboard.
However, knowing me as well as I do ;), this enclosed 8-oz. Petite Round Covered Casserole might be a better choice.
And finally, my hubby took Adina, to Shawnee Mission Park, on Wednesday, to see the trout stocking; and albeit with a huge lecture beforehand, I trusted him with my camera.  Well, he accidentally dropped it into the lake.  Be still my little heart!  He was able to rescue it, but even after burying it in rice for two days, it still won't take clear pictures, and the flash won't work at all.  Now is not the time to buy a new camera, but whatever am I to do without one?  Sigh.  I want to cry.  Anyway, this Cannon EOS Rebel 3T is the one I've had my eye on for quite some time.
Although, even this Cannon SX40 is far more than our budget is prepared for.  Any advice for me?
That's all, for this month, folks!  Thanks for stopping by, and have a fantastic weekend!

6 comments:

whoistracy said...

I can tell you this about my Canon Rebel Xsi- I absolutely LOVE it. I bought just the camera & kit lens. I know everyone says not to get the kit lens because it's not worth it. But you need SOMETHING to shoot with until you can afford a new lens. I had gotten such a good deal online the lens was practically free. Check RitzCamera & B&H Photo online. Both run specials all the time and have free shipping.

The great thing about the canons is that their lenses are interchangeable, so if you upgrade your body at a later date the lenses will still work. I have the kit lens plus a macro and a telephoto that I've purchased over the course of the last 3.5 years. Love them all!

Diana Fisher said...

I agree with all your faves! Especially those wood buttons. Love 'em!

Fiona said...

Sorry to hear about your camera Jinny - but some fabulous faves there! I love those wood buttons and stick pins (but i like to make my own stick pins), and I totally agree with you about those greetings stamps! Hope you are doing well and keeping busy (which I'm sure you are with all your creative pursuits!)

Design Lily said...

Petal Pins = LOVE!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Boo to the camera! :( I did have a Canon Powershot but now I have a Nikon D3100... and I actually miss my Canon :( I am having a hard time learning it, and can't afford a class :( Soooooooo I have been trying to learn it on my own time... ugh... good luck with that ... lol!! Loving your faves this week!

Lynn said...

Oh no on your camera. That simply stinks! I wish I had a solution for you.

And..those buttons..hadn't seem them but I love them!