Papercraft Star 85: The Kitchen

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I cannot tell you how absolutely thrilled I am, today, to get to share with you all, that I have been asked to join the Papercraft Star Creative Team and accepted!  Woohoo!  I am such an incredibly blessed girl to get to be a part of this talented, little family!  Thank you so much to Jan and Tracy for thinking enough of my work to invite me aboard and to the rest of the team for welcoming me with open arms!  I hope that I do you all proud!
I also have my first project to share, today, for this week's Challenge 85: The Kitchen.  Now, this is just a reminder for those of you who have been playing along with Papercraft Star for a long time; but for those of you who are new to the challenge, the photos are always there to use as further inspiration, if you so choose.
So, without further ado, here's my project.
Let's take a closer peek at that card.  Then, I'll reveal the topper I created for another jar of my homemade apple butter.
I started this card by stamping the gingham pattern, in Crumb Cake ink, on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, which had been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.  I then stamped the doily images, in White ink, over it; framed it with a piece of pink and red, polka dot, patterned paper; machine stitched, with red-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around its edges; and adhered the prepped piece to the Pink Pirouette, cardstock card face.  The apples were stamped, in Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, and Wild Wasabi inks, on a strip of ink distressed, Whisper White cardstock; anchored, across their bottom edge, with red-threaded, straight, machine stitches; and adhered across the horizontal center of the card face...
before being topped with a length of white, seam binding ribbon, tied in a dressy bow; embellished with a pink button, laced with a Baker's Twine bow; and flanked with a stamped, in Jet Black ink, on kraft, polka dot, patterned paper, apron, which had been hand cut out and given a little, white, gel pen detailing.
The partial, "HOMEMADE" title was cut from glitter paper; ink distressed, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, just for dimension; and adhered, with foam tape, above the stretch of ribbon and near the right edge of the card face.
And the completed, "FOR YOU" sentiment was stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, just below the stamped, apple strip, which had received a glitter treatment, to complete the look.
Now, as for that apple butter topper, it was dressed up with a punched, from red and pink, polka dot, patterned paper, scallop circle, which was backed with a pleated, white doily.  It was then topped with a stamped, in Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, and Wild Wasabi, on Whisper White cardstock, apple; punched out; ink distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and glittered, before the jar was wrapped in a length of Baker's Twine, tied in a bow.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until next Monday, February 27, 2012, at 6:00 am EST, to link up your takes over at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to check out what the rest of the girls have cooked up, just for you all, today, as well as to discover all the prize details from our permanent sponsor, The House Across the Bay.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have fun with this one, ya'll!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Spring Post - "FOR YOU" (Wplus9); Gingham, Doily, & Comfort Food - apron (MSS); Tart & Tangy - apple (SU) Paper: Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, & kraft polka dot (SU); pink & red polka dot (Crate Paper) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, White, Riding Hood Red, & Wild Wasabi (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); "HOMEMADE" cut out (DCWV); foam tape (Scotch); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); pink button (October Afternoon); Dazzling Diamonds & Scalloped Circle & 1-3/8" Circle punches (SU); paper doily (Wilton)

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Jinny, another congrats to you! So well deserved! And what an awesome card/gift. Truly lovely. The SU set you used is one of my all time favorites!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo! CONGRATS!!! And I love love love your projects you made!! I love love love that little apron on your card... and you know I AM IN LOVE with your APPLE BUTTER!!! Absolutely DELICIOUS!!!! You are AWESOME!

Tammy said...

Congratulations Jinny! I have no idea how you keep up with all your design/challenge work, and do a fabulous job on all of them!!!

Lisa said...

BIG congrats Jinny! I know you'll do them proud! LOVE the sweet polka dot apron on your pretty card. And the pleated doily treatment on your apple butter jar is so CUTE!!

Sylvia said...

Welcome Jinny! We are so happy to have you with us. Your project is fabulous, I love all the glittery apples and sentiments. What a wonderful gift! Have a great day.

Tracy said...

When I read all the steps it took to make your card I can really tell how talented you are. It would take me a week to even think that up, much less create it! LOL That's why we love your work so. :-) Welcome to the team and thank you for such a wonderful work of inspiration for this week's challenge.

Sleepy Stamper said...

Jinny I'm SO excited for you to be on the Papercraft Star DT. I love all the stitching on your card along with all the little details! Apple butter is one of my favorites, but I don't really see it much where I live.

Tammy Stamper said...

I wish that gift was for me because I love your apple butter, love your AMAZING card, and love the memory of picking apples with you! I don't even understand all the above, but am still proud of you. I always knew you were my most creative friend. Big Hugs!

♥Jan♥ said...

Oh Jinny - we are so delighted to have you on board with us at Papercraft Star. Your talent will be so appreciated, believe me ! Not only did I love this project, but the really small details struck me completely, your color combo (apples and apple butter), the apron, and the double sentiment. Welcome welcome welcome !!!

Hugs - J

ferrellgraph-x said...

I'm so thrilled you are part of our team! Yay! Welcome!!! Your project looks fabulous! Homemade applebutter! Wow!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer