PDCC119 - The Twinery

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #119!
It was so fun to see you all have such a good time with last week's bold, bright, happy colors, and I have no doubt that you're going to blow this week's hot pink splash out of the water!  I've been busy making so many paper crafted creations lately, that I was really missing my sewing machine and decided that this was the perfect week to reintroduce it to my fabric stash.  So, I made this little, journal cover for my niece for her upcoming birthday; and I'm really hoping that she doesn't happen upon it here, before she gets it in the mail ;).
It was super simple and, literally, took me no time at all.  Matter of fact, all the supplies, for its making, were already right in my creative space; but let me show ya'll a few of the details, beginning with that center, name panel, which I cross-stitched using black DMC and Pink Sorbet twine.  I just pulled the white strands out of the twine and used the pink ones to add the color, before sewing the whole kitten caboodle together.
Then, I filled it with a journal and color-coordinating pen...
and wrapped it all up with a bright pink button, laced with another length of Pink Sorbet twine.
Now, it's ya'll's turn!  You have until next Tuesday, February 21, 2012, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your takes at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to check out what the rest of the team has been up to, as well as to find out what you're playing for, this week, from The Twinery.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be blessed!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Jinny, I'm sure your niece will love it! I love the touch of cross stitching.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I am IN LOVE with this!!! I love love love the cross stitching and the twine!

Annette said...

aww this is amazing...I love this idea...

Ruby said...

What a great idea Jinny!! Love that you used twine, it's been a very long time since I cross stitched.

Mynnette said...

I LOVE the cross stitched name--what an amazing creation! And a totally fabulous gift idea! :)

Aleksandra said...

Woooow... this is gorgeous! I love it! And the cross-stitching is fabulous! Lovely!

Have a blessed day!
Aleksandra