Weekend Snapshots

Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Monday!  Can you believe that February ends this very week?!  Where has time gone?  Well, I'm here today to share a little of what happens to time in my neck of the world.  You may remember that I shared that BJ took Adina, to Shawnee Mission Lake, to see the trout stocking, in my Friday Faves post.  Well, I never got to show you some of the pictures we were able to salvage off my lake-soaked camera.
And here is the new beauty that I'm learning to call my own.  We went with the Cannon PowerShot SX40, that I talked about in the same post as above.  It was the most responsible choice given the situation.
Needless to say, I've been playing with it all weekend, beginning with this sweet pic of my beautiful babies.
And here's Adina, sharing what she remembered of her memory verse, over dinner, in sports mode, continuously shooting.  LOVE this feature!
It went, "With God all things are ...possible," is how last month's memory verse ended.  Although, she kept saying, "impossible."  LOL!  But she's mixing it up with this month's verse, which is "Love God with all your heart," and ending the above with, "...in my heart."  I've probably totally confused you now.  She said, "With God all things are in my heart."  She'll get it.  I just love that she's trying.  It's literally one of the sweetest things ever!
Ezekiel had his last basketball game on Saturday.  He has just loved getting to know his teammates and working together, with the rest of the team, towards a common goal.  Plus, he has learned so much along the way, even with a 1-7 record.
After church, on Sunday, we took the kiddos to Bass Pro Shop.  It's always so fun to see what's out and about in the rivers and streams.
Ezekiel and Adina love to play in the tent displays...
and there's always something new and different to experience.
And before we ended the weekend with a little, accidental nap, followed by another night of Awana, we whipped up a yummy lunch, which included The Pioneer Woman's delicious French Breakfast Puffs.  I did a search, here on my blog, to see if I'd ever shared this recipe before and found it here.  That was probably the last time I made these goodies, too.  I won't let that happen again.  They're just too yummy!
Thanks so much for checking in on me, and I hope you all have an absolutely incredible week!  Hugs!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing these sweet pics Jinny, looks like a fun filled weekend! And those breakfast puffs...YUM ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee the photos and her doing her verse is ADORABLE!

Tracy said...

I'm so glad that you were able to salvage some photos from your camera. Your kids are cuties. :-) I don't need to tell you to enjoy that new camera. LOL
I'm trying to get back to eating better so you can't post any more food items that look like this. LOL Hugs!