Market Fresh Mar. Kit Sneak Peek: Day 2

Friday, March 9, 2012

Welcome back for another day of sneak peeks for Market Street Stamps' March On the Bright Side Market Fresh Kit!  So, since I ended yesterday's layouts post with that fantastic light bulb stamp, I thought I'd begin today's cards post with it and its coordinating sentiment.  Check it out!
I started this card by two-tone stamping the light bulbs, in Riding Hood Red, Only Orange, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point, and Wisteria Wonder inks, three times, across the center of a strip of Whisper White cardstock.  I then stamped the "always look on the bright side..." sentiment, in Basic Black ink, over the light bulbs in the bottom right corner of the design, before machine stitching, with gray-threaded, straight stitches, the lengths of the prepped piece's top and bottom edges.
It was then set aside to prep the Basic Gray, cardstock, card base with a gray, polka dot, patterned paper treatment, whose edges were machine stitched with gray-threaded, straight stitches.  I also wrapped a length of Stone twine, vertically, three times, just right of vertical center and tied it in a dressy bow, before tucking the previously prepped piece below it with foam tape.  And I know that it looks like the stamped piece is longer than the actual card face in my first photograph, but let me assure you that it is flush with either side of the card base.  My camera is doing tricks on me again.
This next card pulled in a couple of MSS stamp sets to achieve a number full of springtime.
I started this card by ink distressing the edges of both a piece of green, polka dot, patterned paper and the 5" x 5", Crumb Cake, cardstock, card base.  After adhering the patterned paper to the card face, I machine stitched, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around its edges, before wrapping the whole thing, vertically, with a length of yellow twill ribbon, which was tied, in a bow, near the top edge of the card face.
The chipboard flower was painted with white acrylic paint, ink distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, and glittered, before being adhered, in the center of the card face, just below the bow.  I then layered both an ink distressed, yellow, leafy, patterned, paper, die cut doily and an ink distressed, cardstock sticker, which was stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the "fluttering by to say hi!" sentiment, from So Happy, on top of the glittered, chipboard flower, separating each layer with foam tape.  Oh!  And that aqua, floral, cardstock sticker used to be an oval, which just goes to show ya that there are no rules when it comes to papercrafting :).  Finally, I two-tone stamped the butterfly, from Believing Butterfly, in Pool Party and Daffodil Delight inks, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut it out; adhered it, just at its center and overhanging the bottom edge of the sentiment circle; and embellished its center with a pearl leftover from last month's Farmhouse Dreamin' Kit.
And finally, I thought it would be fun to leave you all with a sweet, little, Easter wish, being as Easter is right around the corner.
I started this card by adhering a piece of hot pink, graphic, patterned paper in the top center of the Basic Grey, cardstock, card face.  I then trimmed it, across its bottom edge, with a scalloped, tree, cardstock sticker, which I dressed up with a little glitter.
Everything was then anchored with gray-threaded, straight and zig-zag stitches, before I wrapped a length of Stone twine, horizontally, around the card face, between the connection of the patterned paper and cardstock sticker and tied it, in a bow, near the left edge of the card face.
The "HAPPY EASTER", cardstock, sticker sentiment was backed with computer paper and adhered, with foam tape, in the center of a journaling sprout, which was, in turn, adhered, with foam tape, just to the right of the twine bow, in the center of the card face and embellished with a trio of aqua buttons, again from last month's Farmhouse Dreamin' Kit, laced with Stone twine, to complete the look.
Tomorrow's the big day, ya'll!  Your March On the Bright Side Market Fresh Kits will be available for purchase in the Market Street Stamps Online Store.  Until then, please be sure to stop by the fantastically talented Brenda Weaver's and Stephanie Washburn's blogs, as well as the Market Street Stamps Blog and the Market Fresh Kits Group, in the Neighborhood, to join in all the excitement surrounding this month's kit.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all the kind and encouraging comments you all have left on my blog, regarding this month's kit.  I read and treasure each and every one and, truly, so appreciate your visits!  And because there's a free kit involved, or a free month for current subscribers, be sure to leave me, as well as the other girls, some more love today ;).  Hugs!

 
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: light bulb & sentiment (MSS) Paper: Basic Gray & Whisper White (SU); gray polka dot (American Crafts) Ink: Riding Hood Red, Only Orange, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Pacific Point, Wisteria Wonder, & Basic Black (SU) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Supplies); Stone twine (The Twinery)
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: So Happy & Believing Butterfly (MSS) Paper: Crumb Cake (SU); yellow leafy (Bella Blvd.); green polka dot (American Crafts) Ink: Daffodil Delight & Pool Party (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Circle Stackers 1 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Chip Art (Melody Ross); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); pearl (Kaiser Craft); yellow twill ribbon (May Arts); aqua floral cardstock sticker (Bella Blvd.); foam tape (Scrapbook Supplies); white acrylic paint (FolkArt)
{Supplies & Tools}
 Paper: Basic Gray (SU); hot pink graphic (American Crafts) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); cardstock stickers (Bella Blvd.); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); journaling sprout (Jillibean Soup); foam tape (Scrapbook Supplies); aqua buttons (October Afternoon); Stone twine (The Twinery)

20 comments:

Pammejo said...

Love the cards, fabulous. Thanks for the sneak peek. pammejo1@yahoo.com

Caitlin said...

So. Adorable. I absolutely love the sewing!

Caitlin

caitclark11@gmail.com

Miriam Prantner said...

These are just so great! I really love your style. The two toned stamping with the lightbulb stamp on the first card looks so so great, and I just love that last card! I like the slightly wonky border and the stamping/ buttons on the white strip. So whimsical and yet elegant!

Micia said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the light bulb card!! love everything about it!! You are very creative ;) great job !!

Micia
yellowbirdcreation@gmail.com

Lee Anne said...

I love the rainbow effect on your first card! Loved them all!

Jamie said...

Cute cards! I love the doulble colored light bulbs!

by Frank-LEE Speaking... said...

These are just divine. Your pairing of colors is brilliant. Love these. Smooches... Felicia

Anita said...

These are all amazing. The two tone light bulbs is stunning.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I love the way you stamped with the color on the lightbulbs! And that tree on the last card is beautiful and perfect. Thank you so much for sharing!
Lisa

Lisa B said...

Jinny I am in love with your light bulb card!!! Omg I need/ or shall I say will copy that idea!!! I love how you "kissed" the colors in the bulbs. These bright colors are making me sooo happy !

cassie said...

wow - love what you did with the color on the light bulbs!

Jennifer Ashley DeGough said...

You are just super talented. I love all the color you used in the cards! Beautiful!

Karen B. said...

These are all seriously amazing Jinny!

Cassandra said...

I'm just LOVING that light bulb...and I love the multiple colors!! The other cards are so cute and spring-y...great job!!

cassandracaubleatyahoodotcom
www.Ctimz3.blogspot.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!! That light bulb is just TOOO cute!!! And I love your colors on the other cards!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Viji Siddharth said...

Love all the cards..I love the ribbons...esp the yellow one! I a, in love with this happy cheery kit!

Amanda said...

I love the gradient of color on the light bulb card. It is really fantastic!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, you've made such a neat array of creations with this kit! I think my fave is the light bulb card. Yes, your camera does make it look like that panel is longer than the card, and I was going to commend you on such a unique layout! LOL Love the two tones of ink per bulb, too.

Janice W. said...

Beautiful cards! You should submit the lightbulb one to the March Gallery Challenge at Paper Crafts
Magazine.

Laurie said...

These cards are adorable! I love those light bulbs! The card with the yellow bow is so pretty too! I love them all!