Papercraft Star 90: Easter

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Welcome to Papercraft Star's Challenge 90: Easter!
The picture is always there as inspiration, if you so choose to use it, but we'd like to see your Easter creation boast an egg or a chick this week.  Here's my take.
I started this card by stamping the branches, which were later dressed up with a little glitter, in Crumb Cake ink, on a strip of Whisper White cardstock, in a circular pattern; the chicks, in Wisteria Wonder ink, in the branches' centers; and the hearts, in Melon Mambo ink, between the leafy connections.  I then adhered it down the vertical center of a piece of purple, doily paper that was punched down its right side; tucked a portion of a hot pink, lace, cardstock sheet under its bottom right edge; and machine-stitched, with turquoise-threaded, zig-zag stitches, down both of its long sides, before adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face, which had its right-side corners rounded.  The "EASTER Blessings" sentiment was then stamped, in Basic Black ink, along the top right side of the stamped piece.
A length of turquoise, gingham ribbon was then wrapped, vertically, around the card face, just to the left of the stamped piece and tied, in a bow, near the top edge of the card face.
Finally, I created the rosette from a white fabric that was lurking in my scrap bins; adhered it in the center of the lace, cardstock piece; flanked it with a couple of stamped, in Tempting Turquoise ink, on Whisper White cardstock and hand cut leaves; and embellished it with a hot pink, button blossom, laced with a duet of hemp twine bows.
Further inspiration for this card came from Embellish's Rosettes Color Trends Challenge.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until next Monday, April 2, 2012, at 6:00 am EST, to link up your takes, over at the challenge link above, in order to be in the running to win digital pages from our permanent sponsor, The House Across the Bay.
Please also use that link to check out what the rest of the team has been up to.  Thanks ever so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous day! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Folkart Florals - chick & branches, Spring Tags - heart, Ever After - leaves, & Spring Post - sentiment (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, hot pink lace, & purple doily (SU) Ink: Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder, Melon Mambo, & Basic Black (SU) Other: turquoise thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); turquoise gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Edger punch (EK Success); Dazzling Diamonds, Corner punch, & hot pink button blossom (SU); hemp twine (Creative Impressions)

12 comments:

Lynn said...

You are rocking the WPlus9 stamps! Gorgeous take on the Embellish Challenge Jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Jinny! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the gingham ribbon and loving the flower!

sandi said...

Oh how pretty! Love this!

Lisa said...

This reminds me of a folk art piece Jinny! Very sweet, love the gingham and your glittered branches.

Sylvia said...

Sweet card, Jinny, I love the papers, the ribbons and all the stitching that you used, a beautiful challenge piece! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Christina said...

Ooh, that glitter is fabulous! So beautiful, Jinny!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I love that ribbon! I love your flower too!!! Oh, Jinny--you have taken my breath away:)

Sleepy Stamper said...

WHAT! I though that was a patterned piece of paper! You stamped those branches and chick so perfectly! Such a beautiful card Jinny!

Anitra :-)

Tracy said...

I so wish I could make my fabric flowers look like that. Mine are always lopsided. LOL This is such a beautifully designed card Jinny. Lovely project!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE your card!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

ferrellgraph-x said...

Wow! Your stamped images look so fabulous! The glitter us such a lovely finishing touch! Simply beautiful!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that's both equally educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is an issue that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm very happy I found this in my search for something relating to this.
Also see my website > mcallen