PTTMSSCC12 & Deconstructed Sketch No. 43

Friday, March 16, 2012

Good morning!  It has been such a busy, Spring Break week around my house!  The weather has cooperated beautifully.  So, we've spent a lot of time outdoors, which makes our 920 square foot home completely bearable.  I've still got a few pics to share of our trip to the zoo on Tuesday, too; but they'll have to wait until next week, as I've got to get breakfast ready for my kiddos.  Then, we'll be off to dance class.  But before that, I wanted to share a cute, little, papercrafted number with you all.
I started this card by stamping the doily image, in White ink, near the top right corner of a piece of teal cardstock; clear embossing the gingham background over it; adhering it to a scrap piece of denim; machine stitching, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around its edges; and adhering the prepped piece to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I then hand cut the woodgrain, patterned paper into a banner; adhered it in its respective location; and anchored it with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches, before topping it with a stamped, in Night of Navy ink, on an ink distressed, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, Whisper White, cardstock circle, scalloped, circle frame and "Hey Cutie!" sentiment.  It was then further embellished with a couple of handfuls of clear gemstones and a double bow, made from a navy, sheer ribbon and embellished with a couple of hemp twine bows, as well as a navy Bella Brad.
Finally, I stamped the cow image, in Basic Black ink, on Whisper White cardstock; colored it in with Pink Pirouette and Crumb Cake inks and a blender pen; added just a bit of glitter; hand cut it out; and adhered it, with foam tape, to the card face, to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from Market Street Stamps' Paint the Town: Color Challenge 12...
and Deconstructing Jen's Deconstructed Sketch No. 43, which I rotated 90 degrees to the right.
I'm signing off, for the weekend, now and hoping to find lots of time, in my creative space, to catch up on DT assignments and to just play.  Fingers crossed.  But I want to leave you with a sweet, little pic of my cuties, after stuffing their faces with blue-tinted ice-cream.  Yum!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope your weekends are filled with St. Patrick's Day fun!  Be blessed! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Doily, Gingham, & For All It's Worth (MSS) Paper: Crumb Cake & Whisper White (SU); teal (Bazzill); woodgrain (Paper Studio) Ink: Basic Black, White, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, & Pink Pirouette (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); circle template (Fiskars); foam tape (Scrapbook Supplies); denim; hemp twine (Creative Impressions); navy sheer ribbon (Hobby Lobby); navy Bella Brad (Pink Paislee); clear gemstones (Paper Studio); Dazzling Diamonds & clear embossing powder (SU)

6 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Really cute Jinny! Both the card and the kids! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo cute! I loveeeeeeee the denim and loving that cute cow!! And the kids are so ADORABLE ....loving the blue tongues!!

Patrice said...

Love the layers of blue!

Jennifer Shults said...

This is adorable! I love that you rotated the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us this week!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Adorable, Jinny! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

Raven B said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am so glad I came by I LOVE your blog. This is a super amazing project! Newest follower. ;)

Hugs,
Raven