SIT #71

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Note: If you've come here looking for my PDCC122 - Simon Says Stamp post, please scroll down.

So good to be back, after a week off, with Sketches in Thyme's Challenge #71!
I flipped the sketch 90 degrees to the left and have this page to share, with you all, today.
I started this page by haphazardly adhering a trio of color-coordinating, patterned papers, horizontally, near the bottom of the layout and anchoring them with red-threaded, straight, machine stitches.
I then added a cardstock, sticker, ticket strip, in the opposite direction, near the right edge of the page and laced it with Baker's Twine, tied in a bow.  After adhering my pictures, I tucked a journaling card under their top left edge and used it to journal, This was my last birthday before Adina was born, and BJ and Ezekiel got me ready with a beautiful bracelet and a Cricut to boot!
The wood doily was widened with red-threaded, messy, machine stitches; topped with a fan flower, created from red, glitter paper, as well as a Basic Gray, cardstock, doily die cut, which had been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks and serves as the foundation for my partial, "30th" title, which was Cricut-cut from a red, distressed, patterned paper; flanked with a couple of hand-cut, red, polka dot, patterned, paper ribbons; and encircled by the completed, "birthday" title, which was created from gray alphas.
An aqua, paper bloom; a camera tin pin...
a "seems like just yesterday", cardstock, sticker subtitle; and a handful of red gemstones, complete the look.
Color inspiration for this layout came from The Color Room's Palette #100: {Family Room}.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the month, on Saturday, March 31, 2012, to link up your takes over in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog.  Please don't forget to use the challenge link above to see what the rest of the Mavens have been up to, as well as to find out what you're playing for this month.  Until next time, thanks for stopping by, and happy creating. 

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Basic Gray (SU); red & gray polka dot (Crate Paper); red polka dot & distressed (BoBunny); floral (Basic Grey); aqua & red glitter circular (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Circle Stackers 1 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); scoreboard (Martha Stewart); wood doily (Maya Road); Calligraphy Collection Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft); aqua paper bloom (Kaiser Craft); camera tin pin (Ormolu); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); journaling card (Pink Paislee); ticket cardstock sticker (Crate Paper); "seems like just yesterday" cardstock sticker subtitle (October Afternoon); gray alphas (Fancy Pants); red gemstones (Paper Studio); foam tape (Scrapbook Supplies)

5 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE! I love everything about this LO! I LOVE that film strip with the twine around it-so cute! LOVE the colors and I LOVE your design! YOU ROCK:)

Kim Ryden said...

Makes me want to scrapbook! I might have to join in on this challenge at nap time! I LOVE that little camera pin. I need it! :)

Lisa said...

Awww look at your tiny little man Ezekiel! What a sweet layout Jinny. The floral paper strip really caught my eye.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Jinny! I love love love the colors, the stitching and those photos are PRECIOUS!!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What lovely gifts you received for that special birthday, Jinny!

And I see you are participating in The Color Room. I just joined there, but am OVERwhelmed by the site. I don't know how to link up a project. Any tips, if you get time?