Spring Break Fun

Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Monday, ya'll!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was filled with more beautiful weather and lots of time in the gardens, not to mention trips to some of our favorite places, Toys R Us, to pick up more sand for our play table and bubbles, and Petco.  It was visiting hours.  So, we got to play with the kitties and picked out treats for our dog.

But I thought that I'd pop in here, this morning, not so much to share pics of our weekend, but rather to give you all a little update on our Spring Break.  We just took it easy and spent lots of time playing outdoors and picnicking.  We also made a trip to the library and did a little, light shopping, just for necessities, but both of my kiddos would say that their all-time favorite activity was the trip we made to the Kansas City Zoo.
I couldn't get Adina to give me a close-up of her, but she just can't resist a mirror.
We met my friend, Kim, her daughter, Brooke (in the photos above), and her son, Noah, there, too.  Isn't this just about the cutest face you've ever seen?!
And it wouldn't be a trip to the zoo without the caged animals, too ;).
Last month, we made a quick, impromptu trip to our favorite spots, near the front of the zoo, just before it closed, when we were picking Ezekiel up from a homeschool program.  This little guy was so tiny.  He was nearly hairless and clinging, with all his might, to the back of his mother tamarin, as she lept from branch to branch.  I so wish that I had my camera then, because now, he's so big!
Then, one night, last week, it was so, stinkin' humid that my house felt like a sauna, but it was beautiful and breezy outside.  So, we grabbed Jimmy Johns and took the kiddos to one of our favorite parks for dinner.
And I just couldn't resist throwing in a few more pictures of the signs of spring popping up around my house, before I run start another load of laundry.  All of these plants bloomed just in this last week.  That'll tell you how warm it's been around here.  These are mums...
apple blossoms...
forsythia...
more hyacinths...
hastas...
and finally, a gorgeous, tree blossom poking over into our yard from my neighbor's.
Thanks for stopping by my little 'ol blog, and I hope you all have a spectacular week!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful week Jinny! Thanks for sharing the sweet pics of the kiddos and the fun animal shots. Our neighborhood sprung into bloom this week too,this is crazy...but I like it!!

Lynn said...

Spring has officially arrived. It looks like an absolutely wonderful week!