The Studio Chevrons Challenge & PageMaps Imaginisce Sketch Contest

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What a couple of super rainy days we're having!  Needless to say, it's turned gloomy and cold; but I love to have the fresh air wafting through the house, and all the new blooms are devouring the delicious goodness.  Thank the Lord for a beautiful Spring Break week last week!  I don't know what we would've done had the weeks been swapped.  Anyway, we're going to be off to the grocery store after a bit; but I wanted to share a fun, little page before that and before my big kiddo commandeers the computer for school.
I started this page by hand-cutting and piecing the hexagon, storybook, patterned paper onto the chevron, patterned, paper base; layering a strip of torn, polka dot vellum, horizontally, across the center of it, being sure to tuck its right side under the hexagon, patterned paper; adhering a length of pleated, green, twill ribbon near the bottom right corner; and machine stitching, with black-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around the edges of the entire page.
I then stamped the doily image, in Jet Black ink, on vellum; hand cut it out; and used it as a bookend for my "LITTLE BOOKWORM" title, which was created from pastel, circle alphas and gray Thickers.  A green, leaf, trinket pin proudly sports the "REMEMBER THESE MOMENTS", label sticker, as well as a little, multi-colored, twine bow.  Mrs. Savannah O'Gwynn taught me, here, that instead of lining the backs of my stickers with computer paper and hand cutting the whole thing out before adhering them with foam tape, I could just adhere my foam tape to the back of my cardstock sticker and brush the back of the sticker, around the tape, with baby powder before positioning it.  It worked like a charm, girl!  Thanks so much!
After matting my pictures with Whisper White cardstock, I tucked a cardstock, sticker tab, which was stuck to a chipboard tab, under the top right corner of the far right photograph and labeled it, sweet girl.
A paper receipt was tucked under the photographs' bottom edges and used to journal, I just couldn't be any more thrilled that you love books so much, even if it means that I'm always picking them up and putting them away.  Oh, the places you'll go!
Finally, I anchored that pleated ribbon, from above, with a couple of messy, black-threaded, machine stitches, tied off to the front of the page; tucked a "Nov 28 2009" date, which was made from mini, chalkboard letters, under its bottom edge and a "FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE ATTENTION", printed tag, which I laced with a multi-colored, twine bow, under its top edge.  A pink, flower button, laced with hemp twine and flanked by a duo of stamped, in Lucky Limeade ink, on Whisper White cardstock and hand cut leaves, complete the look.
Inspiration for this page came from The Studio's Chevrons Challenge, PageMap's Imaginisce Sketch Contest...
and my March Jenni Bowlin Kit.
Here's the deets...
8 JBS Magpie Papers, double sided
1 Bazzill Solid, Dots
1 Coredinations Embossed
1 American Crafts Vellum, Dots
1 JBS Die Cut Perforated Paper - Receipt
1 JBS Hodge Podge Sticker Sheet
1 JBS Quilted Sticker Sheet
1 package of JBS Vintage Tag
1 My Mind's Eye Label Sticker Sheet
1 Queen and Company Twinkle Dots
1 Exclusive Mercantile Clear Stamp Stencil
Pillow Box containing...
  • 6 JBS chipboard tabs
  • Dear Lizzy Printed Chipboard Shapes
  • 1 Queen and Company Twine Spool
  • 1 Yard May Arts Ribbon
I just don't get to scrapbook enough, ya'll!  These pages make me so happy :)!  Please don't forget that you have until the close of tonight EST to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #123.  Then, I'll be back, bright and early, tomorrow morning, with a brand new, seasonal challenge from Papercraft Star and then again, tomorrow night, with a scrumptiously delightful, new, color story from The Play Date Cafe.  Until then, keep stamping, and be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After - leaves (Wplus9); Doily (MSS) Paper: Whisper White (SU); hexagon storybook & chevron (Jenni Bowlin); pink polka dot vellum (American Crafts); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Lucky Limeade & Basic Black (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); leaf trinket pin (Maya Road); chipboard tab, printed tag, circular alphas, mini black chalkboard letters, & cardstock sticker tab (Jenni Bowlin); gray Thickers (American Crafts); "REMEMBER THESE MOMENTS" label sticker (My Mind's Eye); multi-colored twine (Queen and Company); pink flower button (October Afternoon); green twill ribbon (May Arts)

5 comments:

sutty said...

Beautiful page, love all the chevrons and all the details on it...and that JBS kit looks gorgeous :)

Elena Stefanidou said...

Your take is gorgeous.I love all the litle details around your photos.It's a sweet and beautiful layout.Thank you for joining us at The Studio.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

DOUBLE OH! I cannot believe all these pages and creations you've shared this week--AMAZING! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it all!

Anna said...

Great layout love the chevron paper! Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio!

Valerie said...

Beautiful page - what a fantastic level of detail! (and I'm loving that kit too :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio!