Weekend Snapshots

Monday, March 5, 2012

Hey, ya'll!  Happy Monday!  Before I get to our busy weekend photos, I wanted to take a minute to thank you all so much for the comments you have left all over my blog lately.  What a blessing it is to get your sweet messages of encouragement and love!  I read each and every one and treasure each in its own way, as I do all of you.  BIG hugs!

Now, how about those weekend snapshots?  Adina started her next round of dance classes the week after her little recital, and I caught these sweet photographs of her all ready to go, on Friday morning, watching the heavy snowflakes fall from the sky out my bedroom window.  Unfortunately, they didn't stick around for long.
BJ's been getting in a little time to fish, in the wee hours of the morning, before work and finally had this beautiful rainbow trout to show for it on Friday.  And I hear he caught another this morning.
On Saturday, we hung out around home, aside from a morning meeting BJ had.  I got some work done in my creative space, and BJ got to spend some time, despite the chilly air, outdoors with the kiddos.  Then, I topped off a yummy batch of homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, with a pumpkin pie, for dinner.
Oh!  And my poor, baby girl left her sticker drawer open and ran right into it, when she wasn't looking.  We're so fortunate that it wasn't any higher.  And I've got to tell you, this girl is good at milking her owies.  LOL!  I guess she knows that her Mommy will fall for it every time ;).
Then, we rounded out the weekend with Ezekiel's Upward Basketball Award Ceremony.
The entertainment was the Kansas City Marching Cobras.  There are lots of YouTube videos, if you're interested in seeing them up close and personal.  They are a pretty impressive bunch and were super inclusive of all the players.
That rounds out another weekend!  Now, the business of work and school and schedules is back in full swing, and we're hitting the ground running.  So, I'm off to fold a load of laundry.  I so long for the relaxation and change of pace of our weekends to stretch into the rest of our weeks.  May it fill yours as well!  Thanks for stopping by, and have a fabulous week!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ok...could picture #2 of Adina be any sweeter!!! Well they're all cute but I LOVE that one. Sorry about her boo boo :( And also pic #2 of Ezekiel; LOVE that grin. You having me thinking of making a pumpkin pie now girl...one of my favs ;)

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness. Adina is so adorable. I love her sweet little tutu!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Great pics from your weekend!! She looks soooooo cute in her tutu!!! And now, I WANT PIE!! lol!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I don't know how you do it all!! AMAZING:) I love the photos of your little one in her ballet outfit! SO CUTE! Poor thing hurt herself with an open drawer!!??? OUCH! LOVE the fish photos-but I don't know how your husband gets time in before work! WOW! He must rise early! And congrats to your son and his achievements in his basketball group:) I LOVE LOVE LOVE drum lines! I will have to check out the links to YouTube.