Easter Rewind

Friday, April 13, 2012

Hey, y'all!  Just popping in here, before the weekend, to share a few pictures of our Easter celebrations.  We had planned to attend our city's Bunny Extravaganza, at the park, on Saturday morning.  Unfortunately, rain turned it indoors, and it was absolutely insane!  There were way too many people for the small space it was moved to, and nobody was following instructions.  Sigh.  The below picture doesn't even begin to capture the chaos we felt.
We tried to make the best of a frustrating situation, and I think the kiddos still had fun on their individual, age-appropriate hunts, which took place behind that big, blue curtain above.
Their favorite part was getting to climb into the fire truck, though, which I know has nothing to do with Easter.  LOL!
Then, we got the kiddos all decked out in their Easter gear and headed to church Saturday night.  We also stayed to teach Sunday school in the second, Saturday, night service, which I think we've all been paying for this week.  A little bug has kept us all under the weather.  Ugh!  Oh!  And just in case you missed it, you can find a little info regarding Adina's Easter outfit, below, in my PDCC127 - Simon Says Stamp post.
Because all of our away-from-home activities took place before the big day, we were able to take it easy, relax, and just be together, celebrating our Savior's resurrection.  We started the morning out with interest-appropriate gifts for our kiddos, as well as chocolate bunnies and pinwheels.
Then, BJ spent some much-needed time just playing with Ezekiel and Adina, while I whipped up a batch of The Pioneer Woman's Hot Cross Buns.  Yum!  Even little fingers couldn't help reaching in for a lick of that frosting :).
Then, while I was getting the pot roast ready for the oven, the kiddos dyed, decorated, and glittered eggs.
Adina was ready for a nap by then, and Ezekiel's always been pretty good about grabbing a good book to help keep himself settled, while she does.  So, BJ and I stuffed lots and lots and lots of plastic eggs with Easter goodies; hid them; and were all ready for a hunt, in the backyard, when they got up.
Even Summer got a few, Easter yum-yums after a little spill.
Then, we enjoyed that Perfect Pot Roast, courtesy, once again, of Ree Drummond and paired with mashed potatoes, homemade dinner rolls, and a side salad...
and wrapped things up with Paula Deen's Carrot Cake cupcakes... One of my favorites!  The recipe can be found in her 2008 Special Collector's Issue: Christmas, and I just topped them with a basic Sour Cream Frosting; but Paula's Honey Orange Frosting, from the magazine, is super tasty, too.
We also went to a children's activity, at our church, on Good Friday.  And while I didn't get any shots of the actual day, I wanted to share this fun, little, I-Spy reminder of the Easter story, that my kiddos made.  It would be a great activity to do with a Sunday school class or just with your kiddos, at home, next year.  We also shared a little scripture passage to go along with each element from the Stations of the Cross tag, which reads, Flower: Garden of Gethsemane; Sword: Jesus and the Roman soldiers; Cross: Jesus gets help carrying the cross; Eye: Women cried for Jesus; Dice: Soldiers divided Jesus' clothes; Smiley Face: Jesus promises paradise; Heart: Jesus shows love to his family; Nail: Jesus dies; Rock: Jesus is buried in a tomb; Easter Egg: Easter reminds us that Jesus came back to life!
So, that's the long and short of it, folks!  I hope you don't mind my sharing.  Before I'm off to whipping up a batch of Snickerdoodles, I just wanted to remind you all to continue to send your beautiful cards and sweet messages to Molly and Harper.  I've checked my P.O. Box a couple of times and have picked up a few cards, but you all have also let me know that there are a lot more on their way.  So, I've postponed delivering, to Molly, for now, until I have a bigger bundle.  Please get involved and help bless these girls!  You can get all the details in my A Special Request post or by clicking on their picture in the right hand column of my blog.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all the photos!! Looks like an amazing time!!!

Lynn said...

Looks like such wonderful family time together Jinny...love all the picks!

ferrellgraph-x said...

It looks like it was a wonderful Easter weekend! Even with the chaos of the rain bringing the celebration indoors. I'll have to check out those receipes :)
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Laurie said...

OH my goodness! The pictures of the kids totally made me smile! SO so cute! And the food pics? I'm on my way! I won't even tell you what we had for Easter dinner....lets just say it involved a restaurant and it was not good. :)