Embellish Chevron Color Trends Challenge

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Note: If you've come here looking for my SIT #76 post, please scroll down.

Hey, y'all!  I'm sneaking in, just under the wire for the challenge below, another, purple, card creation this week.  Somebody take my temperature.  LOL!
I started this card by ink distressing, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock; stamping it, in stamped-off, Wisteria Wonder ink, with the knit background (LOVE the way this background plays off the chevron design!); trimming its middle, just below horizontal center, with the gray, striped, patterned paper, which was anchored with gray-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches; and adhering it to the Pale Plum, cardstock, card face.
I then embossed a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock with the chevron pattern; machine stitched its top and bottom edges with gray-threaded, straight, machine stitches; and anchored the stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a strip of vellum, "IN THE WORLD You ARE ONLY SOMEBODY BUT FOR SOMEBODY You ARE THE WHOLE WORLD" sentiment, near its left side, with aqua-threaded, vertical, messy, machine stitches, before adhering it, over all previous layers, to the card face and anchoring the left side of the vellum panel, through all previous layers, with a couple of pewter brads.
Finally, I tucked an ink distressed, aqua, world tag, near the messy, machine stitching, under the vellum panel and dressed it up with a Basic Gray, taffeta ribbon, tied in a bow and embellished with a plum button blossom, laced with a couple of hemp twine bows, to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from Embellish's Chevron Color Trends Challenge.
I also am thrilled to share that this card received The Shabby Tea Room's Honorable Mention Cup of Tea, was named one of Card Pattern's Super Six, and was a Featured Project at Little Red Wagon.  Thank you ever so much to all those who made said such possible!  My cup runneth over!
Finally, I couldn't help throwing in these gorgeous pictures of my kiddos, playing in the yard, this week.  I just love 'em so much!
Oh!  And I've got another handful of treasures to deliver, to Molly, on Sunday.  THANK YOU!  For those of you who don't know about this card drive, there's still time.  You can get all the details here or by clicking on the photograph at the top of the right hand column of my blog.
Okay, y'all!  I've got dinner to get on the table, but I'll be back, tomorrow, with my lineup of April Friday Faves.  Until then, be blessed!  And thank you so much for stopping by! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Background Builders: Knit (Wplus9); Someone Special Sentiments (Stampers Best) Paper: Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum, & Pale Plum (SU); gray stripe (American Crafts); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Wisteria Wonder (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: aqua & gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Chevron impression plate (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); pewter brads, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, & plum button blossom (SU); hemp twine (May Arts); aqua world tag (Crate Paper)

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeee that you used vellum!! And loving the photos of the kids and Molly's cards!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Well, first of all, congrats on all your wins! Hooray! And yes, two purple creations in one week for a lady who doesn't like purple much? Wow! It's my pleasure to view them though! Love that purple seam binding.

THe kids' pix are adorable, and I'm pleased to see my card made it there for Molly. :)

Tracy said...

Boy those chevrons are really hot now aren't they! Your stamping is perfect as always and I absolutely love the vellum piece across the center. :-) Hugs!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! That is a gorgeous card--LOVE the vellum and the paper colors! BEAUTIFULLY done:) LOVE the pics of your kids--great photos!

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE your fun take on the challenge!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!! You always add such fun little details!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)
Your neighbor in Nebraska!!