Papercraft Star 91: Anything Goes

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Note: If you've come here looking for my Wplus9 Apr./May Release: Reveal Day post, please scroll down.

Welcome to Papercraft Star's Challenge 91: Anything Goes!  Sometimes I think these open weeks can be the hardest for me to decide on what I want to do.  There's just too many ideas floating around in my cluttered, little brain!  So, I reached out to the Don't Throw It Away Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and came up with this.
I started this card by hand cutting my card base, from Barely Banana cardstock, using this old, Jenni Bowlin packaging, which is obviously my "don't throw it away" ingredient, as a template.  I didn't get a picture of the back of the card, but I just scored a line about 1/2" down from the top edge and adhered the two faces together above that crease.
Before piecing the front and back together, though, I dry embossed the front left side of it with the music background; stamped the right side, in Chocolate Chip ink, with the vertical, "thankful" text; and ink distressed everything with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.  To be fair, I ink distressed the stamped part, before I stamped it and waited, until after embossing, for the left side.  That way the ink doesn't get smudged, but the embossing is highlighted even more.
I then machine stitched, with brown-threaded, straight stitches, the lengths of a piece of cut, to match the curved sides of the card face, spools, patterned paper, before adhering it across the horizontal center of the card face and embellishing it with a length of ivory lace, trimmed, across its bottom edge, with a length of red, gingham ribbon, tied in a bow and dressed up with a red button, laced with two, hemp twine bows.
The "SING" Bingo card was ink distressed; adhered, with foam tape, just to the right of the embellished bow; and embellished with a hand cut, from a red, polka dot, patterned paper, bird, which I also ink distressed and machine stitched, with more, brown-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges and to which I gave a pearl eye, and a die cut, from Lucky Limeade cardstock, and glittered branch.  The partial, "A Note" sentiment was stamped, in Basic Black ink, on the bird itself; and the completed, "of appreciation" sentiment was stamped, again in Basic Black ink, on a bird, label sticker.  A few, stamped-off, in Basic Black ink, music notes help to balance the design and complete the look.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until next Monday, April 9, 2012, at 6:00 am EST, to link up your takes, over at the challenge link above, in order to be in the running to win digital pages from our permanent sponsor, The House Across the Bay.
Please also use that link to check out what the rest of this fabulously talented team has been up to.  Thanks ever so much for stopping by!  Now, get out there and enjoy your day!  Hugs! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Just a Note - music notes & sentiment & Defining Words - "thankful" text (Wplus9) Paper: Barely Banana & Lucky Limeade (SU); spool (Jillibean Soup); red polka dot (Crate Paper) Ink: Basic Black & Chocolate Chip (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: brown thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Folkart Florals die (Wplus9); music embossing folder & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); card & bird templates & Bingo card (Jenni Bowlin); pearl (Paper Studio); bird label (My Mind's Eye); ivory lace (BoBunny); gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); red button (DeNami Design); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); foam tape (Scrapbook Supplies)

14 comments:

Kim said...

I love your card!!! The embossing, stamping ribbon, colors yes everything!!!! Love it:)
~Kim

Sylvia said...

What an absolutely fun card, Jinny, I love your colors and the bird is awesome. There is a lot of fun things on this card, I love that you used the packaging as your base. Great project. Have a wonderful Easter!

Lynn said...

Oh Jinny, I love how you reused that gorgeous packaging. Such a clever idea...and wow the dimension you added to this card...love the embossing and stamping on the so saffron panel. Gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea to use that Jenni packaging!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your card!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and that bird!!

Lisa said...

What a fun card Jinny! Love the polka dot bird paired with the "sing" bingo card and sweet gingham bow. I used this same (saved for template purposes!) packaging on a PTI blog hop card last year!

Janetcraft said...

oh wow...I just love the way you place the colors and all the cuties into one. Just absolutely matching...a good practical card!
And also thanks for dropping by and just so happy with your comments made! Awesome!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Stunning crd Jinny! After reading your post I'm rethinking anything I throw away! This card came out so beautiful! The stitching on the bird looks so good!

Anitra

Tracy said...

Oooo Oooo I have two of those boxes!!! LOL You're a genius and your card is fabulous! So many great bits and pieces put together. I just love how you can do that. :-) Anything goes extreme! Love it Jinny! Hugs!

ferrellgraph-x said...

I love all the details! It amazes me how you can add so many elements! Totally fabulous!!! I especially love that you repurposed the packaging :)
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Don't Throw It Away Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

♥Jan♥ said...

You always do the most wonderful things !! This one seemed extra special to me, wonderful extras and all. (and I am with you on the anything goes challenges, you think they will be easy, and then, uh oh !!) Have a wonderful Easter ! ♥♥♥♥ --Jan--

♥Jan♥ said...

Oh, I don't think I said wonderful enough in that last comment, so I will add a few more ... lol

Trinh said...

Gorgeous, Jinny! Congrats on your well-deserved MFW win!

JenMarie said...

Total FABULOUSness! Love that bird!!