Papercraft Star 93: Something French

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Welcome to Papercraft Star's Challenge #93: Something French!
It's my turn, this week, to play with images from our sponsor The House Across the Bay, which, as a reminder, is exactly what you're playing for every week.  So, come link up with us!  These sheets are fabulous!
I picked 106 - French Hot Air Balloon Squares...
and 141 - Text Writing Background Squares...
and came up with this card for my brother's birthday.
I started this card by printing those hot air balloon square on Whisper White cardstock; cutting them apart; piecing them onto a sheet of computer paper; and machine stitching, with bright-blue-threaded, zig-zag stitches, between their connections, before framing the prepped piece with a piece of Island Indigo cardstock.  I then printed the music background on vellum, pieced it over the stitched balloons, and anchored it, around its edges, with ivory-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches, before adhering it to the 5-1/4" square, Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I then stamped the larger balloon in Island Indigo ink and the smaller balloon in Lucky Limeade ink, both on Very Vanilla cardstock; hand cut them out; ink distressed their edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; glittered them; and adhered them, with foam tape, in their respective locations.  A stamped, in Basic Black ink, on an ink distressed, Very Vanilla, die cut banner, "CELEBRATE YOUR DAY! sentiment, which was dressed up with a stamped, in Basic Black ink, frame, was tucked under the right edge of the largest, hot air balloon.
Finally, I wrapped a color-coordinating, striped, epoxy brad with a couple of hemp twine bows and anchored, it just above the top left edge of the stamped sentiment, to complete the look.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until next Monday, April 23, 2012, at 6:00 am EST, to link up your takes, over at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to check out what the rest of the gals have been up to.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be Blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Super Star - sentiment & banner frame (Wplus9); hot air balloons (Lizzie Anne Designs) Digis: 106 - French Hot Air Balloon Squares & 141 - Text Writing Background Squares (THATB) Paper: Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, & Very Vanilla (SU); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, & Basic Black (SU) Other: ivory & bright blue thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Banner Trio die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); foam tape (Scrapbook Supplies); striped epoxy brad (American Crafts); hemp twine (May Arts)

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Jinny...your take on the inspiration is beautiful! I love how you used the WPlus9 banner die and stamps!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeee the music paper over the balloons!!

Sylvia said...

Jinny, your card is fabulous, I love the idea of the vellum over the balloons! I also love both digital sheets, my list just grows longer!What a wonderful project! Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Lisa said...

Spectacular as always Jinny! Love the sparkly hot air balloons and the subtle music rolling through the card, perfect for a male birthday!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Ah Ha! I was wondering if that was vellum. What a creative idea! I'll have to borrow that one:-). Love those hot air balloons with the little banner!

Anitra

Colleen Dietrich said...

I recognized that Lizzie Anne Designs hot air balloon right away! I forget to get my set out. Did you glitter yours? It looks so neat and totally eyecatching, Jinny. Love the brad and twine element, too.

Kim said...

Very cool :)
~Kim

Tracy said...

Now that card design took some brain power girl! LOL The composition is fantastic and you used a perfect mix of images together. You rocked this showcase Jinny! Hugs!

♥Jan♥ said...

What I really loved about this card, Jinny, was how masculine it was without using all the "manly" tricks or devices. Very clever, and I will bet he totally loved it !!

ferrellgraph-x said...

I think your card is genius! I think your brother will love it!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer