PDCC127 - Simon Says Stamp

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #127!
I was perusing the isles, at Joann's, looking for the perfect fabric, for Adina's Easter skirt, to just jump off the shelves at me, when I found one that I adored and that couldn't have been any more perfect for this week's daffodil, hydrangea, kiwi, and cherry color story.  So, here's what I put together.
To be fair, I purchased the tank and cardigan to coordinate with the skirt.  So, let's start with the latter.
I used this Skirt Tutorial, from The Polka Dot Chair, to put it together, focusing on the underskirt coordinating with the waistband...
and being trimmed with that fun, red, jumbo ric-rac.  The below photo also shows the gingham band I gave to the bottom edge of the top skirt, which boasts that fabulous fabric that inspired it all.
I also had to make a little, flower pin, from one of the leftover, fabric scraps, to dress up the cardigan.  The leaves were stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the leaf image, on green felt, and hand cut out; and the whole thing was finished with a little, textured, red, button center.
Adina just couldn't have looked any sweeter.
So, that's all, for today, folks!  Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the day EST, next Tuesday, April 17, 2012, to link up your takes over at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to see what the rest of the gals have created, just for your viewing pleasure, as well as to find out what you're playing for this week from our monthly sponsor, Simon Says Stamp.
Simon Says Stamp 
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a terrific Thursday!

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyy wow wow wow!!!!! I loveeeeeeee her outfit you made!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!

Stephanie said...

oh my goodness! want a skirt like that in my size!

cardcreationsnz said...

Wow. A great outfit. Love the skirt.

Lynn said...

Jinny! Wow! Adina's skirt is adorable...and seriously I don't think she could be any cuter!

~amy~ said...

Darling!

Carole W. said...

ADORABLE!

Sleepy Stamper said...

What a sweet skirt Jinny! I'll will be trying this one out myself! Thank you for sharing the tutorial link. Wonderful job with the ric-rack scallops!

Anitra

Marlena M. said...

You are amazing Jinny! I would LOVE to be able to sew something up like this. Darling!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! Your little one's Easter outfit is just ADORABLE! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! It's bold and perfect and gorgeous! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

ps...I was thinking about doing a clothing piece as my project! Great minds:)

Lisa said...

OHHH Jinny...look at your pumpkin and how sweet she looks. Excellent work there mom!!!

Sorry I've been absent with my visits, We had a computer outage. So now I'm playing catch up!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Adina is blessed to have a multitalented mom.

Donna Bowman said...

Jinny, this skirt is so cute and she looks adorable in her new outfit!! Love these colors!!

My mom used to make all my clothes when I was little. I don't know how to sew, but I just got a Jenome for cards - which I haven't used yet. You're inspiring me to try it out!!

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, that skirt is so cute! Great job and a great idea for the colour combo.

Stacy said...

You totally rock, is there anything that you can't make?? :)