PDCC129 - DeNami Design

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #129!
These dusk, magenta, and seedling colors were seriously challenging me, this week, y'all!  I'm telling you, I think I stared at my stash for at least three hours, before I was able to pull out the number below.  I'm not drawn to purples of any shade really.  Then, throw in that soft yellow with a hint of green, and the only things that saved me were that my April Jenni Bowlin kit included several papers, boasting that exact seedling color (Although, it's looking more yellow in the first photograph below.), along with the fact that navy is one of my favorite, go-to, almost neutrals.  So, anyway, let's just get right to it.

 {Photo Removed for Publication}

I started this card by ink distressing a strip of Whisper White cardstock; stamping it, in Night of Navy ink, with the chevron stripes; and trimming it, to the right, with both the seedling, grid, patterned paper, which was broken up with a trio of purple gemstones, and the magenta, argyle, patterned paper.

{Photo Removed for Publication}

I then stamped the doily image, in White ink, along the horizontal connection of the two patterned papers; machine stitched, with magenta-threaded, straight stitches, to either side of the connection between the stamped cardstock and grid, patterned paper; adhered the prepped piece to a slightly larger piece of Night of Navy cardstock; and machine stitched, once again, this time with magenta-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around the edges of the connected trio of papers, before wrapping the prepped piece, horizontally, just to the left of the stamped doilies, with a length of magenta ribbon.  I then tied that ribbon, in a bow, just below horizontal center and embellished it with a seedling button, laced with a couple of hemp twine bows.  The entire piece was then adhered, with foam tape, to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.  An owl, cardstock sticker and a length of Washi tape prepped the card for the navy frame...

{Photo Removed for Publication}

which was adhered, with foam tape, around the owl sticker; filled in with a white, paper blossom, as well as a die-cut, from a color-coordinating, floral, patterned paper, and paper crimped leaf...

{Photo Removed for Publication} 

and pierced with the "LAUGH", sentiment pin.

{Photo Removed for Publication}

Now, it's your turn!  And I have no doubt that you'll outshine me in ever way ;).  You have until the close of the day EST, next Tuesday, May (Yes, I said May!  Where does the time go?!) 1, 2012, to link up your takes over at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to catch a glimpse of the fabulous creations the rest of the team has whipped up, as well as to find out what you're playing for this week from our sponsor, DeNami Design.
DeNami Blinkie
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a blessed day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Damask Doilies (Wplus9); Chevron (Jenni Bowlin) Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, & Night of Navy (SU); seedling grid (Crate Paper); magenta argyle (Nikki Sivils); yellow floral (Cosmo Cricket) Ink: White & Night of Navy (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: magenta thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); navy frame (American Crafts); white paper blossom (Prima); stick pin (Tim Holtz); "LAUGH" & owl cardstock stickers (Crate Paper); Washi tape (Pink Paislee); paper crimper (Fiskars); Folkart Florals die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); magenta ribbon (Hobby Lobby); seedling button (CHA); hemp twine (May Arts); purple gemstones (Doodlebug Design)

16 comments:

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is gorgeous! I love everything about it!

Donna Bowman said...

Wow, Jinny that card is amazing! I love how you put all these elements together and came up with such a gorgeous creation.

maria f. said...

OMG - everything but the kitchen sink. I am in awe of your talent. Making all those elements work like you did. Very, very pretty.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeee this color combo and I spied that NS paper right away! lol!!! I am loving how you added the holder for the 'laugh' sentiment!!

Alicia said...

I had some challenges with these colors too, but I love the "stretch"! You did fabulously with them.... really pulled it off. I adore all the little details, from the stitching to the rhinestones. :)

Lisa said...

What a pretty mix of patterns and color Jinny. Great card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You are so cute! You had me laughing, Jinny. ;) I had a tough time for a while, finding these colors in my stash. Your final result is beautiful, as always, and I love how those purple gems sparkle (did you know purple is my fave color?) a lot!

Marlena M. said...

A WORK OF ART Jinny!

Lisa Petrella said...

SO PRETTY, Jinny! I especially LOVE that laugh sentiment pin, the mixture of patterns, and the stitching!!!! Gorgeous work!!!

Emily Keaton said...

What a fabulous card, Jinny! So many great details and special touches. (I'm so glad to hear that I wasn't the only one challenged by this week's colors--they were toughies for me, too!). Those bits of lace are precious. :)

Tracy said...

How do you do it? How do you figure out which papers to mix and elements to add? LOL it would have taken me a year to plan this card out. :-) Great job Jinny!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The colors and embellishments are so yummy! I just love this card!!!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! You nailed this color story--and the LAYERS! WOW! I knew your cards were amazing....but for some reason today I'm blown away x10! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

The detailing in your card is spectacular. Blessings!

Stephanie said...

You are amazing. The detail in this card and how it all coordinates astounds and so inspires me!! Beautiful!

Ruby said...

Ok I have a proposal, you teach me more about layering, I'll teach you about Copics!!! BEAUTIFUL card as ever!