Matt suffered a stroke, on Sunday, while he was running with friends. Despite exhaustive efforts by his doctors, he went to be with Jesus, early yesterday morning, at the young age of 35. That brings me to the reason for this post. These beautiful ladies have been through so much.
Lynn. One of the first things she asked was for Molly's address to send her a card. This whole endeavor had already been brewing in my heart, but that conversation with Lynn and another that I had with my Mom set the whole thing in motion. Plus, I know that many of you find solace, just like myself, in your creative spaces. So, get creating or digging through your stashes, y'all! Let's bless these girls in a profound way!
I have set up a temporary P.O. Box to receive cards for both Molly and/or Harper. I would really LOVE to have a big box to share with them at the end of next week but will continue to receive cards for them, as long as you keep them coming, throughout the next couple of months, at the address below. I absolutely do not want to leave out any of you talented, international designers.
c/o Jinny Newlin
P.O. Box 2287
Mission, KS 66201
If you would like to make a donation to this family, you may do so by going to their blog link above; and if you would like to know about how this family has coped with this tragedy, you can read more on their CaringBridge site. Last, but certainly not least, please bring this family to the throne of our Heavenly Father in prayer. Pray for...
- strength for Molly to remain Harper's rock even while she is deeply hurting.
- a sweet sense of understanding, comfort, and security to overwhelm Harper.
- a peaceful knowing, for Molly, that she is not, and will not be, alone.
- financial burdens to be lifted.
- a bright and happy future, filled with love.
- the other friends and family members that were so blessed to have known and loved Matt.