Weekend Snapshots

Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Monday, y'all!  I trust you all had wonderful weekends!  I tried to get some rest, so I could be feeling better this week; but whatever has hold of me, just doesn't want to shake itself free.  Plus, weekends always have so much in store.  BJ took the kiddos to Lowe's for another Build and Grow Clinic, as well as on a couple of errands, Saturday morning.  So, I had about an hour of peace and quiet.  I really could've used four or five, but I'll take what I can get.
Then, we all packed up after lunch and went to a birthday party for some friends of ours.  They have three girls, ages seven to one, whose birthdays are all within five weeks of one another.  So, they just throw one big party every year.  Too fun!
It took place at Ernie Miller Nature Center.  So, there was a little talk and a scavenger hunt and just lots of time to have fun!
It was right during Adina's regular nap time, too.  Poor thing did so good!  She so wanted to be a part of it all!
When we got home, I convinced my hubby and Ezekiel to get our tornado shelter space in tip-top shape.  We have an unfinished basement, which we also use for storage.  So, it was just a matter of clearing things out from under the staircase; sweeping (Although, I'm not sure that got done.); and adding fresh water, a flashlight, batteries, a first aide kit, blankets, and our radio.  Fortunately, we didn't need it, here in Kansas City, this weekend, but our friends to the South and Northeast of us are cleaning up from a mess of tornadoes.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to you all!
I stayed home, from church, on Sunday, still trying to get over the ickies, but BJ had a meeting.  So, there wasn't much rest for me, since my kiddos were around.  Where does all that energy come from?!  In the afternoon, we got our vegetable garden loaded with squash, cucumbers, carrots, lettuce, and spinach.  We still have pepper and tomato plants to add, and it doesn't look like much now, but I'm hoping we have a bountiful harvest this year.
I also had to throw in a couple pics of some of the gorgeous color around our place, including Oak Leaf Hydrangea blossoms...
and Clematis...
as well as this beautiful face.  My girl has such a contagious laugh and is so full of life and joy.  I desperately need her!
Oh!  And the cards, for Molly and Harper, are beginning to flow in!  You guys are the BEST!  Thank you just doesn't even begin to cover the mix of emotions I feel every time I go to that box.
That's all, for now, y'all!  Thanks for checking in on us!  Now, I'd better use my kiddos' rest time to actually get something accomplished :).  I promise to have something paper crafted, for you all, tomorrow.  Have a super, fabulous week!  Hugs!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fun post Jinny! Hope you feel better soon ;)

Maureen said...

hope you are feeling better soon...no fun when you can't just rest when you want. I think I spy my envelope in the upper left hand corner!! LOL Are you opening these first? You can open mine as I have one in there for Molly and one for you ;) Hugs :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I recognize my handwriting on that front envelope! LOL!! I loveeeeeee all the photos, sounds like a great weekend (except for the part of you not feeling good! Boo!!)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, I'm glad you didn't need your tornado shelter, and hope that you won't at all, anytime. Glad you are prepared, just in case, though.

Gorgeous shots of your flowers, and that pretty little Adina! She is a beauty, just like Mommy.