Guest Designing for TSTR #114: Beautifully Shaped

Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm absolutely thrilled to be here guest designing with The Shabby Tea Room for Week #114: Beautifully Shaped!
The key to this week's challenge is to create a shaped card or project inspired by the colors in this beautiful photograph.
I knew immediately which direction I was going to turn, but as always, my card came out a bit differently than I had planned.  Never the less, I just love it to pieces!

{Removed for Publication}

I started this card by cutting the wagon, from a template, out of Whisper White cardstock; dry embossing it with the woodgrain pattern; and distressing its edges, as well as the edges of punched, from Crumb Cake cardstock, wagon wheels, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.  I then adhered the prepped wheels over the wagon template and anchored them, through their centers, with vintage, floral brads.

{Removed for Publication}

I then proceeded to fill the cart with lots of stamped, in Pretty in Pink, on Whisper White cardstock, flowers, which were flanked with stamped, in Lucky Limeade ink, on Whisper White cardstock, leaves.  All these elements were hand cut out and adhered, some with foam tape, in their respective locations.  They were also further embellished with handmade, by me, fabric, yo-yo flowers, whose centers I dressed up with color-coordinating buttons.

{Removed for Publication}

A stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a die cut, vellum banner, "Friend" sentiment...

{Removed for Publication}

as well as a handful of hemp twine bows and a stamped, in Tempting Turquoise ink, on Whisper White cardstock, hand cut, and glittered butterfly, were then tucked in amongst the blossoms.

{Removed for Publication}

Finally, the wagon handle was wrapped with a length of yellow, polka dot ribbon, tied in a bow, just to pull that fabulous yellow, from the inspiration pic, to the other side of my design.

{Removed for Publication}

Have fun with this one, y'all!  And be sure to run by the challenge link above to see what this talented team has whipped up just for your viewing pleasure, as well as to find out what you're playing for this week.  Before I run, I must send out a HUGE thank you to Debbie and her girls for inviting and welcoming me into all the excitement that is The Shabby Tea Room.  I'm honored!  And thanks so much, to you all, for humoring me with a visit!  Have a blessed week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mother's Day Bouquet - flowers & leaves & Spring Post - sentiment (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake & Whisper White (SU); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Pretty in Pink, Lucky Limeade, & Tempting Turquoise (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: Banner Trio die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Woodgrain Texturz Plate, 1-3/8" Circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds, bright pink & turquoise buttons, & vintage floral brads (SU); cart template (Paper Smooches); hemp twine & yellow polka dot ribbon (May Arts); green Vintage Style button (Jenni Bowlin); fabric (JoAnn Fabrics); bright green, bright pink, & turquoise thread (Coats & Clark); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives)

8 comments:

Aleksandra said...

wooow... this is absolutely gorgeous... as always! I love it to pieces too! :)The wagon is a fabulous idea and those flowers are stunning! A true beauty!

Have a blessed day!
Aleksandra

Template Design said...

Wow amazing excellent piece of work very impressive..I love your creative work keep it up..

Lynn said...

Jinny, this is absolutely gorgeous. Love the fabric flowers that you added...gives your card so much beautiful dimension.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the design and all the flowers!! CONGRATS on the GDT!!! That is AWESOME!!!

Christina said...

Total cuteness! Those flowers are soooo pretty!

Lesley said...

This is so pretty Jinny! The glittery butterfly is awesome and the fabric flowers are just so beautiful! Congrats on your GD spot!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I LOVE those little brads! AMAZING! LOVE the flowers--love it all:)

Tracy said...

YAY! I love yoyo flowers! :-) Congrats on your guestie spot. This is a wonderful inspiration creation. :-)