Happy Mother's Day

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!  I'm going to be off to the Kansas City Zoo, for a Pancakes for Penguins breakfast and fun day with my family, in just a bit.  Then, we've got church this evening.  So, it looks to be a busy day; but before all that begins, I wanted to pop in here to share a little, card creation, inspired by The Ribbon Carousel's Challenge 52: Word to Your Mother.  It should have arrived in my little sister's mailbox yesterday and serves as a special wish, for an extra special day, to all you moms who may be reading.
I started this card by machine stitching, with coral-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of a piece of blue, flourish, patterned paper and stamping its top center, in Basic Black ink, with the "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment, before adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I then machine stitched, with more coral-threaded, straight stitches, across the top and bottom lengths of a strip of ledger, patterned paper, before adhering it, near horizontal center, to the card face and wrapping it with a length of coral ribbon.  Before tying the ribbon in a bow and dressing it up with a soft blue button, laced with a trio of hemp twine bows, I adhered a vintage, bird, journaling card, with foam tape, in the bottom right corner of the card face and strung the ribbon through a punched hole near the journaling card's right center edge.  A little, cream, resin bird perches, appropriately, just below the embellished bow.
I then stamped the tulips, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; colored it in with shades of Coral Calypso and Wild Wasabi inks and a blender pen; hand cut it out; and adhered it, in its respective location, with foam tape.  I couldn't help dressing up those tulips with a little glitter to complete the look.
Thanks so much for stopping by, y'all!  Be blessed!  Oh!  And just in case you missed my previous For Sale post, I wanted to let you all know that I've added a For Sale page to the top of my blog.  All items are listed at least 50% off their original prices, but most are listed at much more than that.  Anyway, you can find all the details in those links.  Thanks again!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: A Special Lady (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake & Whisper White (SU); blue flourish (K&Company); ledger (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Coral Calypso, Wild Wasabi, & Basic Black (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: coral thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); coral ribbon (American Crafts); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); soft blue button (Paper Studio); resin bird (Webster's Pages); vintage journaling card (Jenni Bowlin); 1/16" Handheld Circle Punch

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Jinny! I hope you have gorgeous weather for your day! I'm sure your sister will love this beautiful card.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and the tulips!! Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Maureen said...

what beautiful colours! I love using different colours in my sewing machine too :) This card is a treasue and I know she'll love it! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Tracy said...

This is really beautiful Jinny! The glitter on the stamped image created that awesome frosted look. A true treasure for your sister! Hugs!