Market Fresh May Kit Sneak Peek: Day 2

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Note: If you've come here looking for my Papercraft Star 96: Use a Stamp post, please scroll down.

Welcome back to another day of sneak peeks, boasting more from Market Street Stamps' Market Fresh May Daydreaming Kit!  We're showing off card creations today, and I've got three to share with you all.  This first one has got to be my favorite!
I started this card by adhering a punched strip of pink, blossom, patterned paper to the bottom of a piece of green, polka dot, patterned paper; adhering it to the textured, pink, cardstock, card face; and machine stitching, with gray-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around the edges of the green, polka dot, patterned paper.
I then hand cut the paper jar from patterned paper; wrapped it with a length of Stone twine, leftover from March's On the Bright Side Kit, tied in a bow...
dressed it up with an embellished flower; and adhered it, with foam tape, in the center of the card face.
Finally, I added a little Crystal Effects to the colored hearts, in the jar, for shine.
Moving right along.
I started this card by stamping a piece of rose cardstock, in watermark ink, with the solid butterfly image pattern and adhering it to the Whisper White, cardstock, card face.  I then cut a circle from the rose, text, patterned paper.  A portion of that circle was hand cut to allow for the rose to remain whole, before I machine stitched, with gray-threaded, straight stitches, around the piece's edges...
laid it flat to the stamped cardstock's surface; stamped through the cut window, in Basic Grey ink, with the "Once we BELIEVE in ourselves we can risk CURIOSITY, WONDER, SPONTANEOUS DELIGHT, or any experience that reveals THE HUMAN SPIRIT. -e.e. cummings" sentiment from Believing Butterfly; and adhered it, with foam tape, to the previously stamped cardstock.
The butterfly outline was then white embossed on a piece of vellum, hand cut out, and anchored, to the edge of the sentiment window, with white string, laced through a pink button leftover from February's Farmhouse Dreamin' Kit.
And last, but certainly not least...
I started this card by adhering the sticker packaging, from that woodgrain doily on yesterday's last layout, to the center of a piece of map, patterned paper, which was, in turn, adhered to the center of a piece of Barely Banana cardstock.  I then machine stitched, with gold-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of both; adhered a hand cut, from patterned paper, and ink distressed, doily in the center of the woodgrain frame and overhanging the top of the prepped piece.  A trio of gold buttons, once again leftover from February's Farmhouse Dreamin' Kit, were stitched, in the bottom right corner, with hemp twine from my stash...
and a length of gold, glitter ribbon was wrapped around the top edge and tied in a bow.
After adhering it, with foam tape, to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face, I secured the "how do I Love thee?  let me count the ways.", cardstock sticker, with foam tape, dropped to the bottom left of the glitter ribbon bow, to complete the look.
Tomorrow's the big day, folks!  Your Market Fresh May Daydreaming Kit will be available for purchase in the Market Street Stamps Online Store.  Until then, please be sure to stop by Brenda Weaver's and Stephanie Washburn's blogs, as well as the Market Street Stamps Blog and the Market Fresh Kits Group, in the Neighborhood, to join in all the excitement surrounding this month's kit.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all the kind and encouraging comments you all have left on my blog, regarding this month's kit.  I so appreciate all your visits and the time you take out of your busy schedules to leave me some love!  Thank you!  Be blessed!


{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: textured pink (Bazzill); green polka dot, jar, & pink blossom (American Crafts) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Stone twine (The Twinery); embellished flower (American Crafts); Crystal Effects & Scalloped punch (SU)
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: butterflies & Believing Butterfly - sentiment (MSS) Paper: Whisper White (SU); pink textured (Bazzill); rose text (Pink Paislee); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Basic Grey (SU); watermark (VersaMark) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); circle template (Fiskars); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); pink button (October Afternoon); white string (Hobby Lobby); white embossing powder (Ranger)
{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Crumb Cake & Barely Banana (SU); map (Pink Paislee); doily (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); gold glitter ribbon (American Crafts); gold buttons (October Afternoon); woodgrain doily frame & cardstock sentiment sticker (My Mind's Eye); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives)

10 comments:

Viji Siddharth said...

Absolutely love the jar card! So Adorable! I love MSS! I am actually thinking of a kit club..

Jennifer said...

Beautiful cards, love how they are all so different yet from the same kit! Amazing job...

Miriam Prantner said...

These cards are really wonderful, what different styles too. I have to say my favorite is that second one. I love how the flower cuts into the window. It's so pretty and vintage. Great job!

Lynn said...

I think I need to have you move to Cincinnati so that you can stitch all my cards...yours are so perfect. I love the heart filled jar on the first card and the layers you added. So gorgeous my friend.

Diana Fisher said...

Your cards are so pretty! I love how soft and feminine they are. Gorgeous!

Lisa said...

A fabulous collection of cards Jinny! Love the little cluster of sweetness at the lid of the jar on your first card.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and all that yummy stitching!!!

Tracy said...

I sure hope you're submitting these for publication somewhere cause they are amazing! The rose one is my favorite. I just love that dusty pink color and the cut out and vellum butterfly--yeeuumm! Hugs!

Ruby said...

This will probably be my last visit for a bit but I can't wait to come back and get my Jinny fix when I get back from honeymoon lol. All of your cards are fab, love them all and I just LOVE that believing butterfly sentiment, just gorgeous!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, my. These are each amazing in their own ways! I think my fave is the roses/newsprint, but I think they're all fab-u-lous!