Papercraft Star 95: Mother's Day

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

We're back with another, great challenge from Papercraft Star!  This one is specifically for Challenge 95: Mother's Day.
Remember that the graphic is there to use as inspiration, if you so choose, but here's how the theme inspired me.
I started this card by ink distressing the edges of a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock; adhering two strips of patterned paper or faux tape and one length of Washi tape, vertically, down its center and flush with its top edge...
dry embossing it with vertical stripes to mimic the plaid frame of the tag centerpiece; framed it with a piece of Marina Mist cardstock; and machine stitched, with ivory-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around its edges, before adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I then dressed up the bottom edge of the vintage tag with a die cut, from vellum, banner, which was stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment and anchored, on its left end, with a bright pink button, laced with Baker's Twine.  I've had my eye on this vintage tag, that came in my Market Street Stamps' April Market Fresh Vintage Spring Market Kit, since the moment I laid eyes on it.  I grew up with two sisters, aside from a little brother.  My older sister is almost 20 months older than me, and my little sister is 18 months younger than me.  So, this image seems to fit our little family perfectly and will make the perfect, Mother's Day card for one of them.  I'm thinking my older sister, because the little kiddo in the middle of the tag could possibly be a boy, and she's got two girls and boy.  See.  Now, I'm just over thinking the whole thing and totally unveiling how my crazy, little mind works.  LOL!
After adhering it, with foam tape, to the center of the card face, I dressed up its left edge with a trio of hemp twine bows; a white, paper blossom, flanked with two, stamped, in Wild Wasabi ink, on Very Vanilla cardstock, hand cut out, ink distressed, and glittered leaves; and a mini clothespin, to complete the look.
Further inspiration for this card came from Embellish's Tape Color Trends Challenge.
Now, it's your turn; and we'd really love to have you all join in the fun this week and, for that matter, every week ;)!  You have until next Monday, May 7, 2012, at 6:00 am EST, to link up your takes, over at the challenge link above, in order to be in the running to win digital sheets from our illustrious, permanent sponsor, The House Across the Bay.
Please also use that link to check out what the rest of the team has been up to.  Anitra is our featured designer and is rocking THATB images this week!  Thanks ever so much for peeking in, and have a wonderful Wednesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mother's Day Bouquet - leaves & Woodgrain Silhouettes - sentiment (Wplus9) Paper: Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, & green polka dot (SU); yellow ledger (Pink Paislee) Ink: Wild Wasabi (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: ivory thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Banner Trio die (Wplus9); bright pink button, Dazzling Diamonds, & Stripe embossing folder (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); white paper blossom (Prima); hemp twine (May Arts); mini clothespin (Scrapbook Page); vintage tag (October Afternoon); Washi tape (Pink Paislee); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives)

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Such a sweet vintage image Jinny! Don't own any washi tape...but this is a fabulous take on the Embellish Challenge...love the soft color combo!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a sweet image!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the paper strips and the flowers too!!!

Cheryl said...

This is so sweet! I love the image and your "faux" washi tape.

Sylvia said...

Jinny, this card is so special, I love the image tag and all the pieces you surrounded it with. Fabulous Mother's Day card! Hope you have a great week!

Tammy said...

Very sweet vintage image (and no, you're not crazy; your thought process makes perfect sense)! Great overall design with the tape too!

Lisa said...

I'm swooning over this adorable vintage image Jinny! Love your washi tape in the background and the sentiment stamped on the vellum banner. CUTE!!

Larissa Heskett said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE that there are others out there who have mind's like mine!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Sleepy Stamper said...

Love this card! All the different patterned papers look great with that adorable image! I have a brother who is 18 mos. older than me and we grew up super close so I totally get how memories can run around wild in our minds!

Anitra

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH! What a fun card--LOVE the images of the kids at the table!! SO FUN!

Tracy said...

I guess I'm going to have to make another altered notebook just so I can keep track of all the great ideas you show me. :-) That image is so cool, but all the little extras just make it extraordinary. Gorgeous Jinny!