Papercraft Star 99: Aqua

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

This week, it's my turn, over at Papercraft Star, to showcase those fabulous images from our sponsor, The House Across the Bay; and I've gathered a collection of them to create a seafaring, Father's Day creation.
The sentiment panel for this card was completely created at the computer, beginning with the "Diary" base from 045 Blank Backgrounds.
The dates were already right as I wanted them, but the days of the week were a little off.  So, I blocked out aqua rectangles and added my own text.
I then created a transparency from two of the vintage, aqua, ship images in 166 Tall Ship Squares and pieced them right over each diary entry.
I did the same with the vintage script from 141 Text Writing Background Squares, placing one over each ship.
Finally, I created one, final, text box to type in my own "Happy Father's Day!" sentiment before printing on Whisper White cardstock.
It was then ink distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, before I embellished its top right corner with a "FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE ATTENTION" kraft tag, which I secured with a simple, paper clip; a chipboard button, laced with hemp twine; a stamped, in Jet Black ink, starfish, which I colored in with Pool Party ink and a blender pen; and a trio of pearls.
After stamping the vintage notepad image, in Basic Black ink, on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, which had been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, I anchored the printed piece to it with a length of aqua, woodgrain, Washi tape.  I then layered an aqua, striped tab, which was stamped, in Basic Black ink, with "With Love", over the tape and doubly secured the entire piece, near the diary sheet's page number, to the Pool Party, cardstock, card base, with a couple of staples.
Now, it's your turn; and here's a fabulous, inspiration board, for Challenge #99, to help get you started!
You have until next Monday, June 4, 2012, at 6:00 am EST, to link up your takes, over at the challenge link above, in order to be in the running to win digital sheets from our permanent sponsor, The House Across the Bay.
Please also use that link to check out what the rest of the team has been up to.  Thanks ever so much for stopping by!  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Damask Frames - "With Love" & Guiding Light - starfish (Wplus9); Vintage Notepad (MSS) Digis: 045 Blank Backgrounds, 166 Tall Ship Squares, & 141 Text Writing Background Squares (THATB) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, & Pool Party (SU) Ink: Basic Black & Pool Party (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: kraft tag (Jenni Bowlin); staples, stapler, & paper clip (office supply store); chipboard button (Studio Calico); hemp twine (May Arts); pearls (Recollections); woodgrain Washi tape (Hambly); aqua striped tab (American Crafts)

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Such a gorgeous weathered look! Love how soft, yet masculine it is.

Pauline said...

This is really lovely Jinny, those papers are perfect for Guy cards, and i love the soft feel to this.

KimCreate said...

Beautiful card, Thanks for showing us how to use the digital HATB images, sometimes I get stuck when trying to use them. You did a nice job with this card, love the little shipping ticket and all the embellies. :)

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card, love the colors you used and the different elements.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jinny, you rocked the digital world with this card! Love your use of transparencies. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love the soft colors and loveeeeeeeee the starfish!!! And I 'think' I just answered your email about Legoland... I usually wait till I see 'email sent' -- but now I don't remember looking for that... let me know if you got it, please?? :)

Ros said...

This is one of my very favourite cards ... i just love this Jinny!!

Tracy said...

I love the ships over the diary pages. What a fantastic look Jinny! Very "stylin" card. LOL Hugs!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHH! I just love that paper clip holding the star fish! I also love that washi tape! AMAZING! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Is there any style or theme or challenge or creation you can't do???? NOPE! You can DO IT ALL!!!!!!!!! LOVE:)