PDCC130

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's time for The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #130!  Are you ready?
I'm just going to get right to it, because it's been a super busy week in my neck of the woods.
I started this card by framing a piece of gray, stripe, patterned paper with a piece of Pool Party cardstock; machine stitching, with gray-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around its edges; wrapping the bottom half of it with a length of sheer, pink ribbon, which I tied, in a bow, near the right edge of the prepped piece and pierced with a white, heart, trinket pin; and adhering it, with foam tape, to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I then stamped a portion of a doily image, in Pool Party ink, on a white, notebook tag; adhered it horizontally and flush with the left edge of the cardstock; and layered a "CHAPTER 1 the beginning", gray tag over it and flush with the right side of the stripe, patterned paper.
I then stamped the scalloped frame, in Pretty in Pink ink, on a Whisper White, cardstock die cut; dressed up its bottom edge with the stamped, in Basic Black ink, "on your wedding day" sentiment; filled in the space above the sentiment with lots of color-coordinating buttons, three of which were laced with white string and one of which was topped with a pearl; and adhered it, with foam tape, just to the left of the ribbon bow.
Before you're off to getting crafty with it, please be sure to stop by the challenge link above to find out what you're playing for this week from the PDCC prize vault, as well as to see what the rest of this talented team has whipped up just for your viewing pleasure.
Then, you have until the close of the day EST, next Tuesday, May 8, 2012, to link up your takes over at that same challenge link above.  Also, this is the sweet and talented Donna Bowman's first week joining our team.  So, please be sure to stop by and give her a warm welcome.  It's so good to have you with us, Donna!  Thanks so much, to you all, for stopping by!  Have a blessed day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Damask Doilies - sentiment & doily & Label Layers 4 - frame (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, & Pool Party (SU); gray stripe (American Crafts) Ink: Pretty in Pink, Pool Party, & Basic Black (SU) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers 4 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); pink & aqua buttons (SU); gray button, white string, & pink sheer ribbon (Hobby Lobby); white heart trinket pin (Maya Road); pearl (Zva Creative); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); tags (Crate Paper)

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors this week and love love love the tags and the buttons!!

~Tammy~ said...

Gorgeous Jinny! The colors are so pretty this week! I love your design and execution of the color story! Darling tags!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHH! I love those papers! I love your sheer ribbon....and I LOVE those buttons! You did a great job with these colors! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) Inspired!

Donna Bowman said...

Such an amazing card Jinny! I love all your details especially the tags and buttons and that pink ribbon! I also admire how you stamped the "y"s in your sentiment perfectly in the scallops!

Lynn said...

I love, love, love the sentiments you used Jinny! The perfect wedding card! I adore every last bit.

Lisa said...

Soft and lovely Jinny, perfect for the bride & groom!!

Tracy said...

I just love that color palette. I wish I had some spare time to play along although I don't think my projects really fit PDC. I'm not as good at the frou frou stuff as you girls. LOL I love all the tags and buttons on this card. "Chapter 1 the beginning"--too fun! Awesome card Jinny!

Larissa Heskett said...

Really liking these fun colors together!! YUMMY!! Makes me think of ALL of those fruits that I can't wait to eat!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fab tags and label, going so well together (as would the happy new couple!). :) That sheer pink bow is lovely, too!

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

Beautiful! I love the design you used here with these tags and labels!

Aleksandra said...

Lovely! A very interesting card for the wedding... :)I would never come to the idea... :) And I love all of those sweet little buttons and the doily imahe on the notebook tag... gorgeous!

Have a blessed day!
Aleksandra

Rema said...

Very pretty wedding card....