SIT #77

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Note: If you've come here looking for my PDCC131 - Simon Says Stamp and/or Market Fresh May Kit Sneak Peek: Day 2 post(s), please scroll down.

We're back not only with a brand new Sketches in Thyme Challenge #77, but also with a host of new Mavens to inspire you to get creating!  So, please be sure to stop by the challenge link above to give them all a warm welcome, as well as to see what they, along with our veteran Mavens, have whipped up with this first, fabulous sketch of May.
I flipped the sketch completely upside down and came up with this little number.
I started this page by hand cutting and adhering the hexagon, storybook paper to the sanded, floral embossed, red cardstock.  I then matted my photograph with textured, pink cardstock; adhered it in its respective location; tucked a vintage tag, complete with a little, string bow, under its bottom edge; and grounded it with a "BLESS YOUR LITTLE HEART", cardstock sticker, which I mounted with foam tape.
I also tucked a little, sticker tab, upon which I wrote, LOVE U!, under the photograph's top left edge.
A die cut, perforated receipt was tucked under the right side of my picture; grounded with a cut, from patterned paper, graphic, Fig. 3, journaling card; and used to journal, You insisted on dressing yourself this morning.  So, I busied myself with putting away your clean laundry.  When I turned around, you struck this pose and shouted your form of ta da.
A paper doily, whose center was embellished with a dimensional, butterfly sticker, was then tucked under the right corner of the photograph...
before creating my "TU HEE ta da" title from pink, tile alphas and circular, mini letters.
Finally, I adhered a couple more of those cut, from patterned paper, storybook hexagons flush with the bottom edge of the base page and rounded out the look was a 9/01/10, date label and a green, cardstock, sticker button, laced with white string.
That's all, for this round, folks!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a terrific Thursday!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: textured pink (Bazzill); embossed red (Core'dinations); hexagon storybook, die cut perforated receipt, & graphic Fig. 3 (Jenni Bowlin); doily (GCD) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: white string (Hobby Lobby); cardstock button, dimensional butterfly, circular mini alphas, & vintage tag (Jenni Bowlin); pink tile alphas (American Crafts); "BLESS YOUR HEART" cardstock sticker (October Afternoon); date label (My Mind's Eye); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives)

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Tooooooooooooo cute! I loveeeeeeeeee that photo!!! And loving the background and all the hexagons!!!

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness. Love reading your sweet journaling. I can hear Adina doing that. Your layout captured the moment so perfectly.

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a CUTIE!! LOVE the Pic and the way your page turned out!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Ros said...

How very cute! ... she is so adorable

{ Scrappiness } said...

Hi Jinny!! Thanks for stopping by, your LO is just amazing!! You know, I'm such in a hurry that if I couldn't do digital pages, I wouldn't scrap at all!! Seeing your astonishing page I realize I miss it soooo much, rs!!!
Have a wonderful weekend, kisses, kisses!!
Vanessa

Tracy said...

LOL This is such a cute page Jinny. :-) I'm so glad you captured this fun memory of Adina. Their form of words is so funny sometimes. Another amazing mix of embellishments too. Hugs!

Kim said...

Jinny, I could learn a lot from you! Your page is so adorable and I love all the different layers you added! Your little girl is super cute too :)
~Kim

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like those vintage images behind Adina, Jinny! THey remind me of books from when I was veeerry small. :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome page Jinny. Love the colors, the textured background... great elements... ans super sweet photo! :o)

Nuki Adiati said...

Hexagons!!! Don't we all love them???? Very brilliant use of hexagons. This page is stunning!

Hugs,
Nuki