Weekend Snapshots

Monday, May 21, 2012

We started the weekend with not much planned but ended it with a sigh of relief that we made it through and tired bodies hitting the pillows hard.  On Friday, I shared, in my Stuck May 15th Challenge & MSSCC14 post, that we were heading to the Nelson Atkins Museum and lunch with friends, and the below photographs show much of just that.  We started in the Chinese Galleries...
and moved our way through both the Asian...
and Egyptian Galleries...
 
not to mention through lots of beautiful stuff along the way.
I just cannot possibly share all of the mesmerizing works in one, little post; but these last two, by Claude Monet, are definitely two of my faves.
Adina was getting a little restless by then, so we checked out the mind car of the future...
and snuck out to the reflecting pool to enjoy the sunshine.
I'm thinking my hubby, who's never been before, and I need to plan a date night, without the kiddos, to really give each piece the attention they deserve.  He did make it to the parking garage to help me with our car, that wouldn't start, as we were leaving for lunch, though.  Sigh.  Just what we need!  An hour later, we ended up needing to have it towed, and my friend had to give us a ride home.  I'm so, so thankful she hadn't yet left to meet us for lunch.  By the time we did leave, all the energy and time we had left was for a quick to-go run.  It turned out to be the alternator and the battery, which my hubby was able to take care of right in our driveway.  Thank you, Baby, for taking care of us through both your dedication to your job and unending talents.  I love you!

Then, on Saturday, we got the car cleaned out, which was a huge chore in itself; and I snuck in a little creative time, while Adina rested and the boys went fishing.  We also tried our hand at cheesy tamales.  I totally forgot to take a picture, but they were delicious!  Then, BJ and I snuggled in for a movie.  We're huge comic book movie fans, so we picked up Captain America; but I've got to say that I was thoroughly unimpressed, and BJ actually fell asleep.  LOL!

After church, on Sunday, BJ had a couple of meetings, and I had a massive stack of dirty dishes to attack.  But then, we all settled in for an afternoon nap.  The weather was absolutely beautiful all day, too, and I couldn't help sneaking in a few photos of our gardens.  They make me so happy!
I was introduced to these fuschias, when we lived in Colorado, but I've had the hardest time getting them to thrive in Kansas.  Then, Linda shared hers on her blog, and I just had to give them another shot.  So far, they're doing well.  We'll see what the rest of the summer has in store ;).
Oh!  And we've got a couple tomatoes in the vegetable garden.  Unfortunately, the bunnies ate all our lettuce.  Grrrr!  But the squash and cucumbers and peppers are doing well, too.
Now, I'm back to just being the momma to these two cuties and all that comes with it, including the laundry and watering and bed changing and baking, today.
Oh!  And I nearly forgot to tell you all!  Remember this picture, from back here, which was taken on the weekend my brother introduced us to his girlfriend?
Well, guess who's engaged?!  Eeek!  Congratulations, Jason and Sarah!  And welcome to the family, Sarah!  We couldn't be any more happy for you both!  Hugs!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful week, y'all!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Woohoo! Big congrats to your brother and your soon to be sister-in-law!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwwww... how sweet is your brother??!?!?!?!?! LOVE IT!!! Loving all the photos... that museum looks amazing!!

Tracy said...

Well good grief girl could you have packed any more stuff into that weekend! LOL Isn't it nice to have a hubby who's handy dandy mechanically. :-) Yep, my kiddies warned me that CA was their least favorite of the Marvel movies. I hope you and BJ get a chance to go see the Avengers. Kara and I went to the 3D version--my first 3D movie--gasp! Yep, I know I'm behind the times. LOL It was awesome and funny, believe it or not. I can't wait for the next one. Hope you have a wonderful week! Hugs!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

You always have a lot going on each weekend! LOVE the photos--and HOOOOORAY for Jason and Sarah! <3