Dynamic Duos #6

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Good morning!  We're so excited to be taking part in a kid's service day project, that a friend of mine set up, this morning; but before we're off to that, I wanted to share a sweet, little number I made for my niece for her sixth birthday.
I started this card by piecing the gray stripe and gray, polka dot, patterned papers together; topping them with a hand cut, from a pink, doily, patterned paper, doily, which I anchored just along its left, flat side; framing them with a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock; and machine stitching, with pink threaded, zig-zag stitches, around their edges.
Before anchoring the entire, patterned, paper doily, I wrapped the prepped piece, between the two, gray, patterned papers, with a length of pink ribbon, which I tied, in a bow, near the top edge, after securing the paper doily over the top of it.
I then adhered the prepped piece, with foam tape, to the Very Vanilla, cardstock, card face.  The envelope was die cut, from pink, polka dot, patterned paper; stamped, in Basic Black ink, with the "Hey Sweetie!" sentiment...
dressed up with a stamped, in Soft Suede and Pretty ink Pink inks, on Very Vanilla, cardstock die cuts, ice-cream cone, which I pieced together, separating the two scoops with foam tape, and glittered.
Finally, I topped the envelope off with a pink, Vintage Style button, laced with hemp twine bows...
and stuffed it with an ice-cream, gift certificate.
I'm turning this one in to a new, for me, Dynamic Duos Challenge #6.
Before I run, I'm absolutely thrilled to share that this card, as well as this one, both were named Tuesday Alchemy Delights.
And this layout received an Honorable Mention at Stuck?!  Thanks so much to all the designers who made said such possible!  I'm absolutely thrilled to be honored in such a way!
And thanks so much, to you all, for stopping by!  Oh!  And don't forget that you have until the close of tonight EST to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #135.  Then, I'll be back here, bright and early tomorrow morning, with a brand new challenge from Papercraft Star!  Until then, have a terrific Tuesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Pile It On (Wplus9) Paper: Very Vanilla & Pink Pirouette (SU); gray stripe (American Crafts); gray polka dot (Pink Paislee); pink polka dot (Clover); pink doily (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, & Soft Suede (SU) Other: pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Pile It On & Vintage Envelope dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); pink Vintage Style button (Jenni Bowlin); pink ribbon (Hobby Lobby); hemp twine (May Arts)

18 comments:

Annette said...

wow look at all the amazing detail...girl you are so creative...I love how you piece everything together...love the stitching and the button is the perfect add...love it

Allisa said...

Gorgeous card, I love all of the added details! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Lisa said...

Pure SWEETNESS Jinny! Love all of your delightful layers and the adorable sparkly ice-cream cone! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Congrats on your latest recognitions too ;)

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful card..love those layers, and that ice cream cone is just darling!

Diana Fisher said...

Wow! Love this card. I always want to frame your cards. Or hang them on a clothesline along my wall. So pretty!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Your beautiful card ... all I could think of is that you put as much work into this pretty card as if you had made that little girl a lovely lacey dress from scratch!!

Mynnette said...

This looks scrumptious! Fabulous glittery detail, and all your patterns work really well together! :)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love the attention to detail with the stitching and layers. The ice-cream looks good enough to eat. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Dynamic Duos.

Lynn said...

I hope that you had a beautiful day for your service project! This card goes to the top of my all time favorites. I love every last bit. Thinking your niece should frame it :)!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! LOVING all the pink and love love love that ice cream scoop!!!

Susan Joyce said...

Simply divine, just love your card Jinny, so many design elements, it's beautiful. Thanks' for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous girlie card ... many congrats on your success too ... well deserved

Anni said...

What a yummy card! All these details are so cute!
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Karen M said...

Hey Jinny, this is such an adorable card! It is so sweet and I love everything about it! Kx

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card Jinny! Thank you for playing along at Dynamic Duos!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

AMAZING!!! x10!!! LOVE the papers and the design--love your style! LOVE it all:)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Jinny! So glad you jined us over at Dynamic Duos this week. Love your card! Your details are alays so awesome! Such a fun gift card holder, too. Have a super day! :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

Popping back to say congratulations on your DD Honorable Mention for your amazing card!!