LRW #138 & CTD197

Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy Monday, y'all!  I hope you all had fun-filled and wonderfully relaxing/productive weekends!  Ours was filled with a little creative time, a Lowe's Build and Grow Clinic, a trip to the library, fishing, games, church, a Petco and Sam's Club visit, rest, swimming, and lots of good food.  And it all happened in just about in that order, too ;).  So, if you don't mind, I'd love to share a little something I made, during the first of that list above, just because I had to play with a few new goodies.
I started this bag by stamping a hand cut, Candy Hearts, cardstock pennant, in Coral Calypso ink, with the knit background; wrapping it around and tucked under the folded edge of a kraft, lunch sack; and punching it to thread it with a sheer, coral ribbon...
which I tied in a bow and embellished with a stamped, in Basic Black ink, on an ink distressed, kraft tag, "Welcome to the Neighborhood" sentiment, thread with Cappuccino twine, and a kiwi button, laced with a Cappuccino twine bow and backed with a couple of white, paper leaves.
I then white embossed the doily image on Peanut Cluster cardstock, hand cut it out, and ink distressed its edges, before topping it with a stamped, in Jet Black ink, on Marshmallow cardstock, house, which was watercolored, in shades of Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Bordering Blue, and Basic Black inks, and hand cut out.  Each layer was given just a bit more dimension with foam tape.
Inspiration for this project came from Little Red Wagon's Challenge #138: Get Krafty and Color Throwdown's Challenge #197.
It also occurred to me that I hadn't shared any of Adina's swim lesson pictures with you all.  So, before we're off to the grocery store, I'd love to do just that.  She was all smiles the entire time and just couldn't wait to get in the water or be the first to do something new with her instructor.  And, from putting her head under the water to mastering her monkey crawl, back float, and ring dive, as well as learning to use the ladder, a kick board, and life vest, she passed with flying colors.
Thanks so much for stopping by, y'all!  Have a blessed week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Background Builders: Knit (Wplus9); Home Sweet Home & doily (MSS) Paper: Peanut Cluster, Marshmallow, & Candy Hearts (Bazzill) Ink: Coral Calypso, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Bordering Blue, & Cajun Craze (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn); watermark (VersaMark) Other: white embossing powder (Ranger); white leaves (Prima); kiwi button (Paper Studio); Cappuccino twine (The Twinery); kraft tag (Maya Road); sheer coral ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Slot punch (SU)

13 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love your project and what a cute pic of your little one!! Pretty soon my little man will be taking swimming lessons...lol!!! Have a great day!!

Lynn said...

Your project is adorable! Love Adina's pictures...especially the second to last one with that little side glance!

Annette said...

love how you decorated this bag...so fun...and how adorable is your little one....so cute...

Tracey Sabella said...

What a sweet project!! Sounds like you had a wonderful packed weekend!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Oh I love this little goodie sack idea and will most definitely be casing it!! Look at your little pumpkin with her certificate. She looks pleased as punch!!

Kim said...

Nice goody bag! Love the tag! Adorable pics of your little one!
~Kim

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That bag is sooooooooooooo cute!! I love the little house!! And LOVING the swimming photos!! She is soooooooooooooo ADORABLE!!!!!!

Tracy said...

I could just eat that baby up she's so cute! :-) I don't think you'll ever have to worry about getting her to take pictures either. LOL Congratulations Adina! Your little bag is precious Jinny. I really like how you wrapped the pennant around the folded part of the bag. Gives it a great finished look. Don't forget to include some down time for yourself int here busy lady. :-) Hugs!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful project, Jinny! I love the pics of your daughter swimming~adorable! Makes me miss when my girls were wittle. ;(

Joanne said...

Such a great project! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Trinh said...

Beautiful goodie bag! I always love how you layer your embellies. It just looks like a mess when I do it. LOL Your DD is so adorable! And it sounds like she is a natural in the water.

Barb said...

What a beautiful little girl! I LOVE that gift bag...I gasped when I saw it...so pretty!

lynn said...

your bag and tag are so cute, jinny, but adina's face steals the show! enjoy your summer!