MSS June/July Release: Day 1

Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm absolutely relishing in being here, this week, with my first release for Market Street Stamps!  We've got seven, all new, stamp sets to share, with you all, throughout the course of the week.  Each and every one is a part of a new line, designed by the uber talented, Wisconsin, mixed-media artist, Kim Geiser, called Persimmons Studio.  Today, I'm sharing a sweet, little number from Foodie Doodles.  So, let's just get right to it!  Shall we?
I started this card by piecing the multi-colored, floral, patterned paper together with the green, plaid, patterned paper; framing them both with a piece of Ruby Red cardstock; and machine stitching, with red-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around their edges.  I then wrapped the prepped piece, vertically, between the connection of the two, patterned papers, with a length of fringed, yellow ribbon and tied it, in a bow, near the top edge of the prepped piece, before adhering it, with foam tape, to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
This set is packed to the brim with all kinds of food combinations that just go together, but I picked the peas and carrots combo, because, for me, it brought back all kinds of memories of growing up.  You see.  I was in high school, when Forrest Gump came out.  With my name being Jinny, it was close enough to the Jenny in the movie, that I heard a lot of "Me and Jinny go together like peas and carrots," in every class I had with a football player friend and in nearly perfect Forrest voices, no less.  So, I stamped the pea-pod, carrot, and hearts images, in Jet Black ink, on an ink distressed, die cut label; colored them with Riding Hood Red, Lucky Limeade, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, and Bordering Blue inks and a blender pen; glittered the hearts; and adhered the label, with foam tape, in the center of the card face, tucked under the fringed bow.
The "we belong together" sentiment was stamped, in Basic Black ink, on an ink distressed, Daffodil Delight, cardstock, banner die cut; adhered, with foam tape, strung across the bottom of the stamped label; and anchored, at its right end, with a green button, laced with hemp twine.  Finally, I stamped the word "love", in Riding Hood Red ink, in the bottom right corner of the green, plaid, patterned paper, to complete the look.
That's all, for today, folks; but that doesn't even get close to what all Angelica has in store, for y'all, with this release.
So, please come on back, tomorrow, to see a little from a trio of stamp sets that commingle with one another seamlessly.  Don't forget to stop by the Market Street Stamps Blog to not only get in on an opportunity to win today's goodies for your very own, but also to see what the rest of the team has been up to or to leave lots of love along the way.  I know that we all so appreciate hearing from YOU!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a blessed week!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Foodie Doodles (MSS) Paper: Ruby Red, Daffodil Delight, & Crumb Cake (SU); Oatmeal (Wplus9); multi-colored floral & green plaid (Cosmo Cricket) Ink: Lucky Limeade, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red, Bordering Blue, & Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers 2 & Banner Trio dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Dazzling Diamonds & green button (SU); hemp twine (May Arts); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives)

13 comments:

Joan B said...

oh this is so very cute!!!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

I adore your work so cute!!!!

Lisa said...

So stinkin CUTE Jinny! Wasn't there a line in the movie Forrest Gump "We go together like peas and carrots"!

Miriam Prantner said...

Jin-nay (said in my best Forrest Gump accent), this card is so perfect! Especially from you, ha ha. Love the papers and the sparkles!

Melissa said...

I am loving these! Such a great "vibe". Your project is beautiful-

Tonya said...

Aww this is so cute! I love stitching and the papers are beautiful.

Thank you so much for your super sweet comment on my Sassy card. You made my day! :o)

Cassandra said...

Ok...everyone who knows me - knows that I don't eat plants...yuk! But these look cute enough to eat LOL

Annette said...

hehe this is too cute...great new release...

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Super cute! I love the glitter!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo ADORABLE!!! I love love love the colors and those little veggies are so stinkin' cute cute cute!!!!

Lynn said...

Those images crack me up!! So fun!

Angelica - Market Street Stamps said...

SO cute! Love these lil' guys and the pattern paper you used is one of my all time faves from Cosmo Cricket. Fabulous card sweet girl!

DoBea A. said...

This card is just so adorable!