PDCC135 - The Craft's Meow

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Note:  If you've come here looking for my MSS June/July Release: Day 3 post, please scroll down.

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #135!  And what a delicious combination aquamarine, poolside, and clay makes!  Here's where they led me.
I started this card by dry embossing and ink distressing a piece of Pool Party cardstock, before adhering it to the Creamy Caramel, cardstock, card face.  I then set it aside to stamp the large, tree image, which just so happens to come from this week's sponsor, The Craft's Meow...
in Jet Black ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  It was colored in with Wild Wasabi, Creamy Caramel, Ballet Blue, and Daffodil Delight inks and a blender pen.  Once again, I hope y'all can forgive me for making my trees green and my bumblebee yellow.  They just didn't work, for me, in blue or brown, but I did get that clay color tied into the trunks.  The banner was stamped, in Pool Party ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; hand cut out; and adhered, with foam tape, draped, across the rope, between the two trees.
The "Happy Summer" sentiment was stamped, in Basic Black ink, near the top left corner of the colored piece.
I then trimmed its bottom edge with a punched strip of aqua, floral, patterned paper; framed it with a piece of Blue Ballet cardstock; machine stitched, with blue-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around three of its four sides...
trimmed the space between it and the punched, patterned, paper strip with a length of hemp twine, which was wrapped, three times, around the prepped piece and tied, in a triple bow, which was embellished with a white, button blossom, near its right edge, before the entire piece was adhered, with foam tape, to the prepped, cardstock, card face.
Now, it's your turn!  And I can't wait to see what you all cook up with this week's inspiration board!
You have until the close of the day EST, next Tuesday, June 12, 2012, to link up your takes at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to see what the rest of the team has whipped up with this gorgeous color story, as well as to find out what you're playing for this week.  Thanks, as always, for taking the time out of your busy schedules to visit me!  I appreciate it beyond words!  Have a blessed day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sending You Sunshine (The Craft's Meow) Paper: Creamy Caramel, Pool Party, Ballet Blue, & Whisper White (SU); aqua floral (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black, Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Ballet Blue, & Creamy Caramel (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: blue thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scalloped Scallop punch (EK Success); hemp twine (May Arts); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); polka dot embossing folder (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); white button blossom (unknown)

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooo beautiful Jinny!! LOVING the trees and love the twine!!!

Tonya said...

Super cute. I love the pennants!

Stephanie said...

Such a darling card.

Lynn said...

Love the sweet little scene you created Jinny...fabulous use of the stamps and the color palette!

Denise Marzec said...

Total cuteness! I love the pennants strung between the trees and the twine bow with that white flower.

Donna Bowman said...

What a cute card Jinny! Love the banner and the trees. Your details are amazing as usual!!!

Annette said...

this is just way TOO FUN.... I love the little scene you created...love it

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I just left a HUGE comment--and it deleted it! OY!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOOOOOOOOVE the details in that scene and with all the layers and stitching! You always make color stories look EASY! LOVE!

Sorry I haven't been around lately--I won't be back for another two weeks (we have a small problem that is taking all of our money and time! But don't worry! I will be by as soon as that is fixed!)!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!!! Love ya!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, this is SO sweet. I remember you using this set when we all got our booty from TCM last year, and loved the way you used it then and now.

Tracy said...

What a super sweet card! That color palette is gorgeous Jinny. Beautiful job. :-) Hugs!

Lisa said...

PURE SWEETNESS Jinny! Love this darling little scene you've cretaed!

~amy~ said...

absolutely darling!!!!

Stacy said...

Aw this is super sweet, you are amazing :)

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE your BEAUTIFUL CARD!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)