PDCC137 - Want 2 Scrap

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's time for another color splash week at The Play Date Cafe, y'all!  For this week's Challenge #137, we're looking for black and white creations with splashes of cobalt.  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by stamping the top half of a piece of Whisper White cardstock, in Basic Black ink, with the grid background and the bottom half, in the same ink, with the "thank you" sentiment, before adhering it to the Basic Black, cardstock, card face.
I then wrapped a length of bright blue, gingham ribbon, around the prepped piece, just below the stamped grid design; tied it, in a bow, near the right edge of the card face; and embellished it with a black, crystal button, laced with a couple of white, string bows.
I then stamped the floral image, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; stamped around it, in Basic Black ink, with the "thankful" text; watercolored it in shades of Brilliant Blue and Bordering Blue inks; highlighted it with the same inks and a blender pen; and adhered it just to the left of the embellished bow, before anchoring the design with a pearl flourish...
which just so happens to be be from this week's sponsor, Want 2 Scrap.  Thanks so much Want 2 Scrap!
Now, it's your turn, y'all, and here's your inspiration board to get you started.
You have until the close of the day EST, next Tuesday, June 26, 2012, to link up your takes over at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to see how the rest of this talented team has been inspired by the color splash, as well as to find out what you're playing for this week.  And don't forget that we've got a Design Team Call going on, y'all!  Be sure to check out all the details over at The Play Date Cafe Blog.
Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a terrific Thursday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After - flower, Defining Words - "thankful" text", & Very Vintage Greetings - sentiment (Wplus9); Pretty Perfect Grid (MSS) Paper: Whisper White & Basic Black (SU) Ink: Basic Black, Brilliant Blue, & Bordering Blue (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: blue gingham ribbon & black crystal button (Hobby Lobby); white string (Wal-Mart); pearl flourish (Want 2 Scrap)

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeee that gingham ribbon!!!!

Maureen said...

oh, I love this, Jinny!! That blue ribbon is out of this world gorgeous!

Lynn said...

I love how you stamped the text around the gorgeous flower. Divine.

Lisa said...

Your sweet bright blue gingham is the perfect touch, pretty card!

Kara Lynne said...

This is so gorgeous!!! Amazing design and I love your use of the blue.

Donna Bowman said...

Beautiful card Jinny! I love how you colored the flowers and that gingham ribbon is too cute!

Marlena M. said...

Jinny, this is exquisite. The perfect touches of blue and black.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOLY COW! I loooooooooove this card! I LOVE the pearls and that blue flower with the beautiful ribbon/bow! I LOVE the papers--I LOVE EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING you make I LOOOOOOOOVE! :)

Annette said...

gorgeous...i love all that blue...looks amazing..

Colleen Dietrich said...

Well, you *know* I love this....'cause I told you so already. :) It's beautiful, Jinny! Embrace the white!! LOL

Ann said...

GORGEOUS creation, Jinny! Love the blue!

Stacy said...

WOOHOO!! Here you go again making my jaw drop with your cards, I truly love them :):)