SIT #82

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Note: If you've come here looking for my PDCC137 - Want 2 Scrap post, please scroll down.

So, I have a confession to make.  Sometimes sorting through pictures, all the while weighing in what embellishments and papers I have, can be a really daunting task.  I even dread it at times, thinking that I'll just make a card instead.  But then, when I choose the elements that will best highlight the photographs I settle on and begin the process of putting a page together, the gears start turning, and I begin getting excited.  And when I'm looking at the finished product, y'all, I remember why I started papercrafting in the first place.  Creating layouts, no matter the size, makes me ever so happy!

Anyhow, I've got Sketches in Thyme's end-of-the-month two-pager, for you all, today.  My June Jenni Bowlin Kit arrived last week, and I just couldn't resist pulling pics of one of our 4th of Julys.
I started this layout by adhering an antique ledger sheet, as well as the ivory text and vintage, advertisement, patterned papers, across both sides of my base pages.  I then die cut stars, using my Cricut, out of a strip of embossed, navy cardstock; adhered it, across both pages, just above the vintage, advertisement, patterned paper; and anchored it, across its top and bottom edges, with red-threaded, straight stitches.
My photographs were then arranged in a grid design, matted with Whisper White cardstock, and adhered in their respective locations, before turning my attention to the left side of the layout.
The cluster to the left of my top photograph consists of a negative, red, sticker frame, which I filled in with a red, foam, glitter, scalloped circle; the positive of one of the stars I cut from the navy, embossed cardstock; a red button, laced with hemp twine; and a die cut, from Whisper White cardstock, branch.
That same photograph was topped with a 4th of July, 2009, red, framed, date label.
A handful of blue, rhinestone stars and a length of red, striped, Washi tape leads us from the right to the left side of the layout, where you'll find those same two elements.
The "all-american kids" title was created from red, mini alphas, which I anchored with more, red-threaded, straight stitches, and red, foam, glitter alphas, all over a red and blue tag, laced with a hemp twine bow.
A "BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE", sticker subtitle, which I mounted with foam tape, and a red-threaded, straight, machine-stitched frame, which makes its way around both sides of the layout, complete the look.
Further inspiration for this layout came from The Studio's June 17th Challenge: Negatives, and now, it's your turn!  Here's your Challenge #82 Sketch to get you started.
You have until the close of the month, on Saturday, June 30, 2012, to link up your takes over in the right hand column of the Sketches in Thyme Blog in order to be in the running to be one of our Guest Designers for the month of July, as well as to win a fabulous prize from this month's sponsor, Peace, Love & Scrapbooking.
Please don't forget to stop by the challenge link above to see how the rest of the Team A Mavens have interpreted our two-pager.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a truly blessed day!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Whisper White (SU); blue embossed (Bazzill); all patterned & antique ledger sheet (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Folkart Florals die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge & cricut (Provo Craft); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); red sticker frame & date label (Cosmo Cricket); red button (DeNami Design); hemp twine (May Arts); blue rhinestone stars (Jenni Bowlin); red stripe Washi tape (Queen & Co.); red mini alphas (lily bee design); red foam glitter letters & scalloped circle (Making Memories); tag (Crate Paper); "BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE" sticker (October Afternoon)

12 comments:

Lisa said...

The Jenni Bowlin products were a perfect pairing to thses cute pics Jinny. Love the one of Adina looking up!

Kim said...

Such a CUTE page! Love the Jenni Bowlin stuff on you page! The pics are just so adorable love those Big Brown eyes :)
~Kim

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!!! Even if you have a hard task of picking the photos... you always ROCK and inspire with your lo's!! I loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the phoots, the colors, the stars!! Just gorgeous!!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

GREAT layout! Love that there are so many photos, but still so much open space. What a great kit too. Loving all the patriotic stuff.

Tracey McNeely said...

What a sweet layout Jinny, always so inspiring.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love everything you create, Jinny! I LOOOOOOOOVE these papers and that star die cut piece! I love the photos--you amaze me! REALLY!

Annette said...

Oh my Fabulous Layout...love all that amazing detail and super cute photos..

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch!

Lynn said...

That's no confession! I only scrapbook once or twice a year...I have a really hard time getting started. Your layouts are always such wonderful inspiration and today's layout is no exception Jinny!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You must be so organized with your photo archives, Jinny. You always have just the right pix at hand for layouts! Love this deep red, white and blue arrangement. So patriotic, so country!

Anna said...

This is really lovely Jinny, I love the star negatives they look great! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at The Studio, love seeing what you create!

sutty said...

Beautiful pages Jinny - loving the star negatives too - thank you for joining our challenge at the Studio :)