The Studio: Vintage Challenge & ScrapFIT #69

Friday, June 22, 2012

Good morning!  I'm still playing with my June Jenni Bowlin Kit and have another layout to share, with you all, today; but before that, I have to say thank you ever so much for all the sweet comments you all have left (well, really, every comment you all take the time out of your busy schedules to leave me, but most specifically, the comments you all have left) on both my Papercraft Star 102: White Wedding and PDCC137 - Want 2 Scrap posts.  Sometimes challenges can really take me out of my comfort zone and make me doubt myself, and these two did just that.  But you all have been so encouraging and supportive, and I just can't thank you enough.  You're are the BEST!  Now, how about that layout ;)?
I started this layout by anchoring the ivory text and light green, medallion, patterned papers, to the red, textured, cardstock, base page, with red-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  I then adhered a punched strip of blue, embossed, patterned paper, near the horizontal center of the ivory, text, patterned paper and overlapping both sides of it,  and used it to anchor all three of my photographs, which were dressed up with punched, from a red, circle, patterned paper, photo corners.
The top of my photographs was then embellished with all kinds of vintage ephemera including a paper clock face; "40 cents" card; Kodachrome slide, wrapped with a length of hemp twine, tied in a bow; bright, blue, May 2008, date label; Cricut-cut, from that same blue, embossed cardstock as before, star, whose center was dressed up with a red, polka dot, star sticker, as well as a mini, circle letter and which was perched atop a memo pin...
stamped, in Jet Black ink, on vellum, photographer's mark, which was anchored, across its top edge, with a strip of red, stripe, Washi tape; blue, extract label; and a trio of red buttons, laced with hemp twine.
A trio of ivory, word stickers draws our attention to the bottom half of the design...
where you'll find the "Playing with My New CAMERA" title, which was created from mini, chalkboard alphas and Anywhere Thickers.
Finally, I journaled, ...and you couldn't be a more perfect subject with those piercing eyes and gorgeous curls, to complete the look.
Inspiration for this layout came from The Studio's June 3rd Challenge: Vintage and ScrapFIT's Workout #69.
Before I'm off to a hopefully productive but relaxing weekend, I wanted to share a few pictures of my kiddos, playing in our wadding pool.  Ezekiel is always so photogenic, but Adina's a bit silly sometimes, when I pull out the camera.  She's great at keeping her head pointed in my direction but making her eyes cross-eyed or looking in another direction just as the camera shutter opens.  Ugh!  But she was really working with me for these photos.  LOVE!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a safe and blessed weekend! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Photographer's Mark (Jenni Bowlin) Paper: red textured & blue embossed (Bazzill); vellum (Paper Studio); all patterned (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Bracket punch (Fiskars); Corner punch (SU); mini chalkboard alphas, blue framed date label, paper clock face, Kodachrome slide, red polka dot star sticker, mini circle letter, blue extract label, & "40 cents" card (Jenni Bowlin); Anywhere Thickers (American Crafts); red buttons (DeNami Design); hemp twine (May Arts); George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft); memo pin (Tim Holtz); ivory word stickers (October Afternoon); red stripe Washi tape (Queen & Co.)

11 comments:

Annette said...

aww how fun...the kids look like they are having a great time in the cool water...your layout is awesome...I love all the amazing detail you put into your layouts...

Kara Lynne said...

Great photos of your precious kids!! That is one amazing scrapbook page full of wonderful details!

Lisa said...

Look at those curls!!! And oh my gosh the pool pics are so sweet...the last one is priceless of course. Have a great weekend Jinny!

Lynn said...

Of course I love your layout...but I really love all the photos...so, so sweet! You are certainly doubly blessed with two beautiful children Jinny.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your lo is beautiful! I loveeeee the photos, the colors and loving all the little goodies on there!! And loveeeeeeee the pics of the kids! Tooooooooooo cute!!!!!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Love your take on the sketch and all the amazing details you included!! These pool photos of your children are so adorable and will be so fun to scrap!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a fun LO-so many details! LOVE the stitching on part of the title, and I LOOOOOOOVE the journaling! FUN FUN FUN pics of your kiddos in the pool! Makes me wish the rain would stop so we could go to the beach! Have a fab weekend:)

Laine said...

Your kids are absolutely adorable Jinny. Great layout, photos, beautiful smiles, curls, and sweet as can be.

With smiles

Laine

Barb said...

what a gorgeous layout! you're right, those piercing eyes make for a perfect photo :)

Diana Fisher said...

Great photos! And love the layout you made. So glad you played along with the sketch. :)

sutty said...

Another beautiful page and soooo many vintage elements it is beautiful I love the bright background it sets the whole page off - fantastic.