Three in One

Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Friday, y'all!  It's been another crazy week in our household, but Adina's swim lessons are complete; and most of our June activities, other than baseball, are coming to a close.  And we survived it all!  Now, I'm ordering up lots of trips to the pool, just to survive the heat; and a number of things, around the house, are calling for my organizational expertise, before I start prepping for another school year.  Gracious!  It sounds way too early to start talking about school, but it'll be here before I'm ready, if I don't.  For now, I'm putting all that aside to share a playful, little, papercrafty number, for my hubby, from my kiddos, with you all.
I started this card by trimming a piece of multicolored, stripe, patterned paper, across its bottom edge, with a strip of large, blue, polka dot, patterned paper and, down its left side, with a strip of lime, grid, patterned paper.  I then framed it with a piece of Brocade Blue cardstock and machine stitched, with navy-threaded, straight and zig-zag stitches, around the prepped piece's edges and between each paper connection, before adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
A strip of Whisper White cardstock, which had its top left corner rounded, was then trimmed, down its right side, with a strip of that same lime, grid, patterned paper as before.  It, too, was anchored with navy-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches, before the piece was wrapped, several times, around its top half, with a length of hemp twine, which I tied, in a double bow, after lacing it through a lime button.
The television, as well as the "I {heart} dad" sentiment, were stamped, in Jet Black ink, in its bottom center; watercolored in shades of Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Bordering Blue, and Lucky Limeade inks; highlighted with the same inks and a blender pen; and dressed up with a little glitter, before the entire piece was adhered, with foam tape, in its respective location.
Finally, I stamped the words "News Flash", in Basic Black ink, vertically, along the top left side of the watercolored piece, to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from Paper Smooches' June 11-17 Designer Drafts Challenge...
ColourQ's Challenge #141 (Yum!)...
and Do You Stack Up?'s Challenge #76: Boys/Men.
I also found these super, cute, Best Daddy Ever Beans labels, at The Letter 4, and just had to put them to work for a sweet, little gift, to pair with the card above, from my kiddos, to their Daddy.  Thanks, Jamie!
My son had a friend stay over last night.  So, I'd better go catch up with them.  Then, I'm off to get our patio under control.  Our sycamore tree is shedding like nothing else, and the mess it makes puts a damper in our outdoor activities.  Thanks ever so much for stopping by!  Have a super, blessed Father's Day weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Boob Tubes (Paper Smooches) Paper: Crumb Cake, Brocade Blue, & Whisper White (SU); large blue polka dot (My Mind's Eye); lime grid & multicolored stripe (Nikki Sivils) Ink: Basic Black, Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Bordering Blue, & Lucky Limeade (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: navy thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Corner punch, lime button, & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); hemp twine (May Arts)

23 comments:

Jennifer said...

Simply adorable! Love your card and the daddy jelly beans! So cut =)

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card and those Jelly Beans are a riot!!!! Hope all is well...

Kara Lynne said...

Ooo, love those Paper Smooches stamps and those colors! Wonderful Father's Day card!!

Lynn said...

Jinny, that card for BJ is absolutely adorable! I love, love, love it. And the beans are so sweet!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Jinny, love the trendy look! I really love the jelly beans, but at our house, it would be a mom's jar as dad likes nuts! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week and sharing your card!

Tonya said...

Jinny, I love your style. Your card is fabulous and so sweet!
The jelly beans are awesome.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Jinny, your husband is going to know he is the best daddy EVER with that superb card and the cutest Fatha Beans!!

Ruby said...

What a fabulous project with the jelly beans and the card is so fun too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, this is so cute for your hubby! I saw this over at ColourQ. :) Those jelly beans are a neat idea. :)

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE the Tree-in-one post for today!! Such a FUN idea and I know he'll LOVE it and feel SO LOVED and thought of!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Annette said...

what a fun idea...I love the best dad ever beans...so fun...your card is also too cute...He is going to love it all...

Denise and Louise said...

Fantastic card and I love the jar of beans.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!! LOVING that retro TV and love love love love the jellybean jar!!!!!

Elise said...

Awwwwwww! These ARE outstanding! Perfect for the sweet tooth AND the soul! Good to salute those fathers! Great work - SCRUMPTIOUS detail, as always, sweet one! Hope you and your darling family have a FANTASTIC weekend!

Jackie Rockwell said...

The jelly bean jar is so COOL! Your card is really fun—I love the patterned paper and stitching. So glad you played the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge this week!

Tracy said...

LOL That is such a cute pairing of image and sentiment Jinny. BJ will love this from his two sweeties. I made a card today for my daughter to give my hubby tomorrow. I'll be sharing it next week as my Mo's DT card. I love how it turned out. Have a great Sunday in the Lord! Hugs!

WencheP said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Sleepy Stamper said...

What a fun card Jinny! Every time I see your beautiful cards it makes me want to break out my sewing machine more often. Love the way you use different threads to stitch on your cards.

Anitra

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute card and use of the CQ colors Jinny! The jar is a great idea too...hope you all had a fun day! Happy Father's Day to your hubby! Hugs ~S~

Noelle said...

Gorgeous, Jinny! I love the stitching:) Bet you are so glad that summer activities are winding down a bit. I know at our house I am ready for things to calm down, too! Thanks so much for playing at ColourQ this week! :)

Ren-Yi said...

Oh this is gorgeous, Jinny! you always have fantastic inspiration and you know how to nail every challenge. The colors are fab and the twine perfect! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Crazy super cute Jinny!!! I LOVE the jelly bean jar as well!! FABULOUS!!

Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Jinny! I loooooooooooove this card--love the papers and the design and your stamping! You are so amazing! You are SUPER TALENTED:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)