4th of July Rewind

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hey, y'all!  I hope you're wrapping up your weekends with lots of fun and relaxation.  I have so much to share from ours, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow, because I still haven't gotten around to showing y'all pictures of our 4th of July.  We wanted to hit a fireworks show this year, but my kiddos just weren't working with us for another late... in this case, super late... bedtime.  That didn't stop us from showing our pride, though.  We all got dressed in our red, white, and blues...
took advantage of $1 All-American Dogs at Sonic (Well, not this demi-vegetarian, but the rest of my family enjoyed their lunches ;).), and washed them down with our favorite drinks.
The kiddos spent most of the afternoon and evening in the water.  It was another triple digit day around Kansas City.  And of course, we had lots of fun with sparklers and poppers.
Then, we rounded out the night with a scrumptious dinner of burgers, baked beans, Better Homes and Gardens' Fresh Corn Salad, and our seemingly traditional and uber patriotic, Jell-O parfaits.
I also whipped up a Chocolate Eclair Cake.  It's one of our most favorite summertime desserts, because I don't have to turn on the oven :).  But it had to wait for another day.  We were just too full!
Well, that's the long and short of it, folks!  I'll be back, tomorrow, to share pictures of our weekend anniversary and birthday celebrations.  Until then, have a fabulous evening and a wonderful start to your work weeks!  Hugs!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks like an absolutely wonderful day followed by a fabulous meal...and that dessert looks right up my alley Jinny!

Lisa said...

Look at your cute little patriots Jinny! Wow sorry I missed dinner at your house ;) I saw this recipe in BH&G might have to give it a try now!

Kara Lynne said...

What an "All American" kind of day! These are the days to remember. The pics of the kids are priceless. I'm heading over to look at that salad recipe now.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such fun photos!!! I love love love love her sequined tank top!!!!