Ezekiel's Birthday Thank Yous

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hey, y'all!  It occurred to me that I hadn't ever shared Ezekiel's birthday thank you minis with you.  So, I thought today was as good a time as any, as I've been super wrapped up in preparations for lots of August releases.  Speaking of, the first begins, late tonight, right here on my blog, and you don't want to miss it ;).  Anyway, it's really important to me that my kiddos grow up taking the time to write thank yous.  Adina never minds signing her name and adding her signature scribble.  She actually gets excited about it, but Ezekiel is a little more difficult and always has been.  So, I hope and PRAY that he'll always remember, even when he's grown and off to college, their importance.  You can bet I'll be sure he has all the stationary he could ever need to make sure that said such happens ;).  Without further ado, here were his cuties for this year.
I started them by anchoring a piece of turquoise, woodgrain, patterned paper, to the 3-1/2" square, kraft, cardstock, card face, with red-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches and stamping the "Thanks i love being spoiled." sentiment, in Basic Black ink, centered, vertically, along the prepped piece's left edge, just inside the machine stitching.
I then stamped the dog, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock; colored him in with colored pencils and mineral spirits; hand cut him out; wrapped a red, fringed ribbon around his neck and tied it in a bow; and adhered him, just to the right of the sentiment, with foam tape.  A little Crystal Effects gives his nose a healthy wetness and completes the look.
And here they are all lined up, just because I LOVE 'em to pieces!
If you still have a minute, I'd also love to share a few of my favorite pictures from Ezekiel's baseball season.  He was completely bummed to see it end last night and even made a really sweet, new friend.
LOVE this one of him practicing his swing between batters!
And I just couldn't resist throwing in this one of Adina absolutely wiped out, on the way home from the ball fields, one night.  I just love this sweet girl!
Please don't forget that you have until the close of the day EST tonight to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #142.  Thanks so much for stopping by, y'all!  Have an extra blessed Tuesday, and I hope to see you all, right back here, later tonight.  Hugs!  Oh!  And for those of you anxious to see what Wplus9 Design has in store, for you, this month, we are a bit delayed.  But don't be dismayed.  Peeks begin this coming Sunday, August 5, 2012, at 12:01 am EST and run their usual, five-day course.  Woohoo!  Can't wait to share! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Pawprints on Our Hearts - pup (MSS); Afterthoughts - sentiment (SU) Paper: Kraft & White (Wplus9); turquoise woodgrain (Paper Studio) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Crystal Effects (SU); red fringed ribbon (Hobby Lobby); colored pencils (Prismacolor); mineral spirits (Inky Antics)

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That card is ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeeee the puppy!!! (And thinking that might be a boy thing... cause Adam and Brookie are the same as yours... Adam's like "Whatev" and Brookie RUNS to sign cards!! LOL!!) ... and loving the photos!!! Looks like FUN!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

How adorable are these thank yous?!! Love the sentent and that great red bow'

Lynn said...

I am 100% with you on thank you notes. It is so important to instill that with our children. And these thank yous are so adorable! Love the sweet little nose.

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, these are soooo adorable!! Love the ball photos and sweet one of your sleepy DD too! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

The little thank you notes are adorable Jinny! Love the pups glossy nose! Ahhh those baseball days, I sure miss them. Cute pics ;)

Annette said...

aww how adorable...I love that little dog image and such a fun design....sooo cute.

Jeanne J said...

Your kids look healthy, happy, and terrific - what more could you ask for?!!! Life is good! Your puppy on that turquoise woodgrain - ADORABLE! So sweet - I love him Jinny!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fabulous TU card---LOVE that pup and his little bow!!! FUN!!! I love when you share pics of your children! They are just the cutest:)

Kara Lynne said...

What wonderful thank you cards!! I'm with you on teaching the kids to express gratitude! I love those pictures of your kids, they are priceless!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness What Adorable Thank you cards Jinny! So CUTE! Love the Fun combo of dp's and stitching! And the Sweet little Pups too! Just Darling!
8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Charlene said...

So cute!!! I love the wood looking paper the the puppy adorable!! Love the pics and especially your dd sleeping so precious :-)

Tracy said...

The cards are precious Jinny! That little doggie is so cute with his red ribbon. :-) I'll say it again--you have a wonderful eye for catching great photos of your kids. Hugs!