MFW: Hello Card Challenge & CR84FN59

Monday, July 23, 2012

Good Monday morning to you all!  I hope you all had great weekends!  We're off to Ezekiel's swim lessons in just a bit, but before that I wanted to pop in here to share a sweet, little, papercrafted hello with you all.  Enjoy!
I started this card by ink distressing a piece of Oatmeal cardstock; stamping it, in Chocolate Chip ink, with the leafy background; trimming its bottom edge with a strip of vintage, text, patterned paper; framing it with a piece of Coral Calypso cardstock; and machine stitching, with coral-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around its edges.
I then stamped the "HELLO" sentiment, in Jet Black ink, on a brown, scalloped label and adhered it, just below the stamped, cardstock piece and near the left edge of the prepped piece.
A length of Crumb Cake, taffeta ribbon was wrapped, horizontally, around the prepped piece, between the stamped, cardstock piece and patterned paper; tied, in a bow, near the right edge of the prepped piece; and embellished with a brown button, laced with a hemp twine bow, before the entire thing was adhered, with foam tape, to the kraft, cardstock, card face.
Finally, I die cut a doily from Oatmeal cardstock; ink distressed its edges; adhered it in the center of the stamped, cardstock piece; and used it as the foundation upon which I stacked the centerpiece of my design, which includes a canvas butterfly; stamped, in Coral Calypso ink, on Oatmeal cardstock, hand cut out, and ink distressed butterfly; and ivory, paper blossom.
Inspiration for this card came from the Stamp It! Cards Hello Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and Create For Fun's Color Challenge #59.
Well, if you read the end of my PageMaps: Embellishment Sketch Contest & TSTR #123 post on Friday, you'll be glad that I've never actually made any bets with real money.  LOL!  But I couldn't be any happier for the outcome of The Bachelorette!  I was emailing with my friend, Lynn, about it, on Friday.  First, let me say that she had no choice in the matter.  I'm sure she got much more to read than she ever wanted ;).  Sorry, Lynn!  Anyway, I told her that I thought Jef was a better fit for Emily, even with that funny up-do and all, but that the passion seemed to be there more with Arie.  I'm such a sucker for romance and love to see a real-life, happy ending, though.  So, I really hope there's so much more to come from these two!
I'll be back, tomorrow, with pictures from our weekend.  Until then, thanks so much for stopping by, and please don't forget that you have until the close of tomorrow EST to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #141.  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna I - butterfly, Spring Post - sentiment, & Design Basics: Backgrounds II (Wplus9) Paper: Oatmeal & Kraft (Wplus9); Coral Calypso (SU); text (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Chocolate Chip & Coral Calypso (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: coral thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Circle Stackers 1 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); canvas butterfly (Maya Road); ivory paper blossom (Prima); brown button (Hobby Lobby); Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon (SU); hemp twine (May Arts); brown scalloped label (Jenni Bowlin)

28 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love your card Jinny!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors...and loving the butterfly!! You always inspire me Jinny!! Someday I hope to have even just a sliver of your talent!!!

Annette said...

AWW so good to be home...I missed your lovely creations...This is another beauty...totally love that butterfly..

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love that canvas shadow for your butterfly!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Jinny. You used the colors perfectly. Love the canvas butterlfy under the stamped one... and the stitching is awesome.

anya said...

Oh, this is fantastic Jinny! Such beautiful colors and the butterfly looks fabulous! I always love how visiting your blog makes me want to run home and stamp. Your designs are always so inspiring!

Lynn said...

First things first...I had to turn on Bachelorette because of you last night and was smiling when she sent Arie home early :) Here's hoping it really works for them!

Now...your card is beautiful. the color combo is gorgeous together!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is sooooooo gorgeous!!

Ros Crawford said...

I adore this card ... love the whole design and all the embellishments ... brilliant use of the challenge colours too!

Kara Lynne said...

I was admiring your beautiful card, and then I looked down at the inspiration and REALLY admired it! So inspired, and perfectly executed!

Lisa said...

FABULOUSNESS Jinny ~ LOVE the colored stitching! My SIL and I just had a butterfly conversation this morning! I'll have to tell her to check out your card ;)

Jeanne J said...

SO pretty Jinny - I love all the close ups so we can see all the details in all thier glory! Looks like a winner! Excellent take on the challenge. Love those butterflies!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Very pretty, Jinny! Love that Oatmeal cardstock, the canvas butterfly 'shadow' and the way you pulled everything together.

Kim Ryden said...

I love this card! So cute! The color combo is GREAT and I love that canvas butterfly. Did you find it like that already cut out or did you use one of your dies??

Oh and...yay Jef! I don't think we ever talked about this season together. :(

Andrea said...

FABulous card! The colors and details are just beautiful.

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Jinny! I love the soft colours, the gorgeous layers and the touch of canvas.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your FAB butterfly, Jinny, and thx for letting me know who she picked! I missed it with the move! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Jinny! I love that butterfly and your layout!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Hello Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jinny! Lovin' the layered butterfly! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Pauline said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Jinny, I love that beautiful butterfly and the fabulous texture.
Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN this week!

Deborah Frings said...

This is absolutely beautiful. So many lovely details with the stitching, the pretty butterfly and ribbon & bow. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Angi said...

Gorgeous! Love the canvas piece behind the butterfly. :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This is amazingly beautiful... sigh.

Heather Jensen said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the double butterfly and pretty papers. Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)

Shannon White said...

Wow Jinny! this is just Gorgeous! Love your Wonderful custom stamped BG and your canvas layered Butterfly is just Beautiful! Fabulous Layout too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Julie Marshall said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! I LOVE everything about it :)

samantha's cards said...

I love all the detail in this card, stunning

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Pretty! Love how you did the butterfly layering!