Papercraft Star 103: Include a Sun

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Welcome to Papercraft Star's Challenge 103: Include a Sun!  Fitting for summertime.  Don't you think?  Gosh, I sure wish, lately, that we'd see a few more clouds and lots more rain, in my neck of the woods, instead of the sun, but there's still something happy about a day filled with sunshine.  Anyway, here's where this challenge led me.
I started this card by piecing together the yellow stripe and polka dot, patterned papers onto the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face and machine stitching, with blue-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around their combined edges.
I then filled the space between them with a length of Crumb Cake, taffeta ribbon, tied in a bow and embellished with a yellow button, laced with a white, string bow.
The pocket and sunshine were stamped, in Pacific Point and Daffodil Delight inks respectively, on a glittery, prepped piece of Whisper White cardstock, which had been framed with Pacific Point cardstock.  I used Jennifer McGuire's Stamping on Glitter technique to create this centerpiece.  I didn't have the right kind of tape.  So, I tried using Terrifically Tacky Tape.  I was concerned that the connections might show up after burnishing and rightfully so.  They did just that.  So, I used a spray adhesive and think it did the trick well enough, until I can get my hands on some of that Be Creative Tape Sheet.  It was adhered, with foam tape, just to the left of my embellished bow and dressed up with a couple of stamped, in Jet Black ink, on Whisper White cardstock; colored with Daffodil Delight and Bordering Blue inks; and hand cut bumble bees, which were secured with more foam tape.
Finally, I stamped the "you are my sunshine" sentiment, in Basic Black ink, in the bottom center of the card face, just below the prepped, glitter piece.
Now it's your turn!  Here's your inspiration pic to help get you started, if you so choose to use it.
You have until Monday, July 16, 2012, at 6:00 am EST, to link up your takes, over at the challenge link above, in order to be in the running to win digital sheets from our permanent sponsor, The House Across the Bay.
Please also use that link to check out what the rest of this talented team has been up to.  Oh!  And we're also ever so thrilled to be welcoming the talented Stephanie Castro to our little team, too!  So, be sure to drop by her blog and shower here with lots of love.  So good to have you, Steph!  Thanks ever so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Wednesday, y'all!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: The Birds & the Bees - bumble bees & sentiment & A Pocketful - pocket & sunshine (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Pacific Point, & Whisper White (SU); yellow polka dot (October Afternoon); yellow stripe (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Bordering Blue, & Basic Black (SU) Other: blue thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Dazzling Diamonds, Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, & yellow button (SU); white string (Hobby Lobby)

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Seriously, there you go again with the awesome glitter...I must get my glitter out more often and I have to get some of the finer glitter as it is stunning!

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous card with some amazing techniques!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVING the pocket and the sun!!!

Annette said...

Love the stamping with glitter...I just love how it looks and you did such a great job...I might have to try this one day...your card is adorable...love those little bees and such a great design...

Miriam Prantner said...

This looks wonderful! I haven't tried stamping on glitter either, but I really love how it looks and you make me want to go to the store to buy more colors of thread....

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jinny, love how you stamped that pocket on the glitter! Everything is so you, your sunny style and love for patterns. Love having you as a teammate! Have a wonderful day.

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love the pocket and those little bees ...

Kara Lynne said...

Love the pocket full of sunshine! Your stitching is a great non-paper color border idea too!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Wonderful card Jinny! I'll have to try that stamping on glitter technique it looks great!

Hugs,
Anitra

StephC said...

I love this! Everything about it makes me smile. I've been a huge fan for a while, and am really looking forward to working with you. Thanks for the sweet shout out in your post!
Hugs!
Steph

Julie Marshall said...

Super cute! I LOVE the blue stitching.