PDCC141 - DRS Designs

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm back with a soft and sweet color story, of mint, soft yellow, coral, and tulip, from The Play Date Cafe!  Here's how this week's Challenge #141 colors inspired me.
I started this card by printing that gorgeous, background digi on Whisper White cardstock; framing it with Barely Banana cardstock; and machine stitching, with coral-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around its edges...
before stamping its bottom center, in Basic Black ink, with the "You're on my mind and in my prayers" sentiment...
which just so happens to come from this week's sponsor, DRS Designs.  Thanks ever so much, DRS Designs!
I then set the prepped piece aside to create my card base from Crumb Cake cardstock.  It was first dry embossed with the distressed background, before being washed over with Winter White, acrylic paint on a dry brush.  I then wrapped its center with a length of mint ribbon, which I laced through a small slit in the prepped, printed panel, before adhering that piece, with foam tape, to the card face; tying the ribbon in a bow; and embellishing it with a soft yellow button, laced with hemp twine bows.
Finally, I stamped that berry wreath, also from DRS Designs, in Jet Black ink, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut it out; colored the berries in with Coral Calypso ink and a blender pen; ink distressed its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and adhered it, with foam tape, just below the embellished bow, to complete the look.
Okay, y'all!  Now, it's your turn!  So, get to it!  Here's this week's gorgeous inspiration board to help get you started.
Please be sure to also stop by the challenge link above to not only find out what you're playing for this week, but also to see how the rest of the team has rocked their DRS Designs goodies.  Thanks so much for peeking in!  Until tomorrow, happy stamping, y'all!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mind & Prayers Greeting & Berry Wreath (DRS Designs) Digis: 233 - Pink Me (THATB) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, & Barely Banana (SU) Ink: Basic Black & Coral Calypso (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: coral thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); Distressed Texturz Plate (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); mint ribbon (Hobby Lobby); soft yellow button (Paper Studio); hemp twine (May Arts); Winter White acrylic paint (Folkart)

16 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Very elegant! I love your stitching and the textured kraft. These little details really enhance your main images and sentiment.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Jinny...love that beautiful berry wreath and the sentiment is beautiful.

Donna Bowman said...

Beautiful Jinny! Love the wreath and how you cut it out so meticulously! You're amazing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Jinny!! I love love love that wreath!!

Lin said...

Oh so lovely, Jinny! What is it about wreaths? I love this one because it brings to mind fall, my favorite season!

Tracey Sabella said...

What a gorgeous sympathy card. Love the soft colors and stitching!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Faye said...

Jinny, this is so elegant. I love how you have used the gorgeous color combo.

KimCreate said...

Just beautiful!
Kim

Lisa said...

Swoon!!! Love this pretty little wreath Jinny!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Jinny. Love the berry wreath, the background digi... the twine, ribbon combo and the stitching look amazing! An awesome design!

Cheryl said...

Stunning card! There is just so much to love about it. The colors are beautiful. I love the stitching and layers.

Aleksandra said...

Beauty! You did an excellent job as allways! Gorgeous papers and I love the beautiful wreath!

Blessings,
Aleksandra

anya said...

So beautiful, Jinny! I love these soft colors. Your wreath is particularly fantastic, the coloring, fussy cutting and inking is great! Fabulous as always, my dear!

Sleepy Stamper said...

Beautiful card Jinny! I love this color story and how you've stamped the sentiment over in black. I just love your style!

Hugs,
Anitra

Angi said...

Gorgeous creation. Love that you used a digi background. Your stitching is so fab too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful! I almost chose that same set of stamps from DRS. Great minds...!