PDCC142

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It's so good to have y'all visiting for The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #142!  We're sporting creations inspired by the colors cobalt, goldenrod, and peony this week.  Here's how they inspired me.
I started this card by piecing a strip of soft blue and yellow, floral, patterned paper above a blue and yellow, plaid, patterned paper and a bright blue, floral, patterned paper below it.  I then framed it with a piece of white cardstock and machine stitched, with bright-pink-threaded, straight stitches, around its combined edges and, with bright-pink-threaded, zig-zag stitches, between the patterned papers' connections.
A length of yellow, fringed ribbon was then wrapped, horizontally, around the card face, just above the lower, zig-zag, machine stitching; tied, in a bow, near the prepped piece's right edge; and embellished with a bright pink, velvet blossom, flanked by two, stamped, in Summer Sun ink, on white cardstock, and hand cut leaves, before the entire piece was adhered, with foam tape, to the kraft, cardstock, card face.
The luggage tag was wet embossed, with Melon Mambo embossing powder, on vellum; filled in with the stamped, in Jet Black ink, "welcome HOME" sentiment; hand cut out; and adhered, in the center of the card face, just below the upper, zig-zag, machine stitching.
Finally, I stamped the stacked suitcases, in Jet Black ink, on white cardstock; used my colored pencils and mineral spirits to color them in; hand cut them out; and adhered them, with foam tape, in their respective location, tucked under the string of the embossed, luggage tag.
Now, it's your turn, y'all!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!  Here's your inspiration board to help get you started.  And don't forget to stop by the challenge link above to see what the rest of the girls have been up to or to find out what you're playing for this week.
This, too, is a bit of a bittersweet day at The Play Date Cafe; as this is not only my final color story as a part of this uber talented team, but we're also saying goodbye to three other fabulous designers, including Colleen Dietrich, Denise January, and Savannah O'Gwynn.  What a joy it has been to design with not only these sweet ladies, but also each and every designer that has come, and some gone, over my last year and half on the team!  I will never forget the stories we've shared, the heartache we've come through together, or the successes we've celebrated, individually and as a team.  They were/are moments to truly treasure.  I am also forever grateful for the opportunity I've had to serve under the illustrious Julie Ranae's leadership and wish the challenge/team and all those who come aboard, next week and in the future, the very best.  Last, but certainly not least, I cannot forget to thank all of you inspirational players who have taught me so much and loved me as a part of this team.  You all are the best!  I hope and pray that I've inspired you enough to continue my creative journey with me.  Thank you, and happy stamping, y'all! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Make a Memory - luggage tag & suitcases & Life is Beautiful - leaves (MSS); Heart a Home - sentiment (Unity) Paper: White & Kraft (Wplus9); soft blue & yellow floral & vellum (Paper Studio); blue & yellow plaid (CR Gibson); bright blue floral (SU) Ink: Summer Sun (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); watermark (VersaMark) Other: bright pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); bright pink velvet blossom (Maya Road); yellow ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Melon Mambo embossing powder (SU); colored pencils (Prismacolor); Gamsol (Inky Antics)

17 comments:

Fiona said...

Jinny, I wonder what your future has for you in the crafting world? I'll be keeping an eye out.... and your creations (including this one) are ALWAYS inspirational!

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous!! Fabulous color and stitching!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Jinny! Love the fancy flower embellishment and the pink stitching! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pauline said...

Very pretty Jinny in these sweet colours! Love the colouring on the suitcases, and the papers are so pretty!

Lynn said...

Jinny, you are ending on a very high note as you have been a fabulous designer for the PDCC. I love your gorgeous card today as I always do!

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous card Jinny! I will miss you here, that's for sure!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeee the little suitcases and loving the flower!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so pretty and sweet! I'm loving these colors and that vellum tag is so perfect. It is a bittersweet day for PDCC, but I know you're still going to be sharing tons of great stuff with us!

Annette said...

wow very pretty...love those suitcases and fun color combo...great card.

cbuswell said...

Gorgeous, I love the stitching, stamping, layers and of course the wonderful color combo. Such a cheery card! Inspiring as always!

Lisa said...

Another of your fabulous works of art Jinny! Love your pretty bloom and the peony stitching!

Now about you leaving the Cafe...you WILL be missed. Your inspiration was ALWAYS top notch. As for me continuing along with you on your journey...you couldn't get rid of me if you tried LOL!!! I always learn something from your work and I love the pics of your kiddos. I could just pinch their little cheeks ;)

Angi said...

Super beautiful card. Love the stitching and the pretty colors.

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful patterned papers together with the stitching! I love the embossed luggage tag and the beautiful flower!

~amy~ said...

Will miss you over at PDCC....love your sweet card!

Ros Crawford said...

You rocked that colour challenge ... what a fabulous creation

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

You will be missed at PDCC, but I wish you the best in your new endeavors. Blessings!

Tracey said...

Jinny this card is absolutely amazing girl!!! LOVE all those yummy layers....so many details to adore! I am soooo going to miss seeing your creations at the PDCC. Wishing you all the best in the future! HUGs, TRace