Weekend Snapshots

Monday, July 2, 2012

It's Monday, y'all; but while we're doing many of the same things we do on Mondays, somehow, with our upcoming and much-anticipated, 4th of July holiday, it just doesn't feel like a Monday, which couldn't be any better ;)!  We always hate to see my hubby have to go back to work, after a long work week and some much-needed, weekend time as a family.  But we also realize that it's just part of life and couldn't feel any more blessed with a full-time job.  We are beyond thankful, especially because it allows us to do many of the things we did this weekend.

We started with a trip to the mall, which is a rare occurrence in my family, mostly because I'm not a fan of shopping.  Plus, it's always so crowded; but my hubby got a pair of jeans, from my parents, for his birthday that, despite them being the same brand, style, and size of his favorite pair of jeans already in his closet, didn't fit.  So, we had an agenda and decided to take advantage of being in the air conditioning by having a look around.  First stop was to exchange those jeans, which was super easy.  We even walked out of the store with all but the exact same pair we arrived with.  The gifted pair must've been miss-sized.  Then, we made a stop by some of our favorite stores, including American Girl...
and Barnes and Noble.
And discovered a brand new Lego Store, which we somehow missed had opened in May.
Then, after church and a rest time on Sunday, my kiddos enjoyed playing baseball and in the water with my hubby.  Gosh, I LOVE those moments of peace, when I can get lots of things done, while I'm alone in the house.
And finally, I couldn't help throwing in a few pictures of what's blooming around my place...
or some goodies from our vegetable garden.  I just LOVE delicious, homegrown treats!
Thanks so much for checking in on us!  Be blessed!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Cute pics! Looks like your definitively Blessed :)
~Kim

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

BEAUTIFUL photos!! Looks like you had a great weekend!!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful and sweet photos, can't wait to see them scrapped!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fabulous photos! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful goodness that's been goin' on with you. :)

Diana Fisher said...

I love the Lego store! I just used those little circles in the store as my Inspiration Tuesday last week at Cocoa Daisy. Such a fun place!