Weekend Snapshots

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I hope y'all don't mind my sharing a few pictures, each week, of what's been happening in our neck of the woods.  I so appreciate hearing what keeps y'all running.  So, I guess I just feel like I owe you the same courtesy, whether you read or not.  Plus, I love that it acts a little like a journal for family members and someday my own kiddos.  So, what have we been up to?  Well, last Friday, we started the weekend sorting through our new curriculum and making notes of school supplies we needed for the upcoming school year.
Then, we were off to purchase just those.  Here's Ezekiel's desk filled with new 4th grade books and supplies and all ready for the new school year.  He's got a really upbeat, excited, happy attitude about starting back up again right now.  Let's hope that carries past the first week and lasts all year long ;).
Until then, we've got a couple more weeks of summer to enjoy; and we're doing just that by having a little splash time, with friends, at Loose Park Spray Ground...
washing the car...
and baking Chocolate Crinkle Cookies.  Mmmmm!
Plus, we're being inspired, to go Greek, by a favorite summer book...
and just being cute; because let's face it, my kiddos are REALLY good at that ;).
Well, y'all, we're back to the pool for swim lessons today; and it's one of those days that the little pool is open for Adina and I to play, too.  So, we're going to do just that!  If you're living in our neck of the woods, in that big, heat wave circle they keep pointing out on the news, try to stay cool.  And if not, please, please, PLEASE send the cooler weather and rain our direction.  Thank you!  Have a terrific Tuesday!  Hugs!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks like a great weekend!! LOVING the water park photos!!!

Annette said...

too cute...looks like a fun weekend..

Lisa said...

I don't mind you sharing your pics in the least Jinny, looks like fun times! Still hot in my neck of the woods too, BLAH!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Looks like that sprinkler park was a hit! Chocolate crinkle cookies were always my fav growing up!

Tracey Sabella said...

What wonderful photos!! I home educated our children for 19 years until this past fall. Such and amazing experience. As our children got older they looked forward to attending the state home school convention with me to listen to the conference speakers and help select curriculum. Great to see your children so excited!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/